cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Fails with Generic Error

abacus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to activate and port a number from a mobile.  I make it to the payment page and i'm selecting non autopay and paying with a cc.  I get this:

Generic Error
Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

tried this in firefox and failed twice then it said that i had to wait for 50 minutes and close browser session.   waited the alloted time and started the process again in chrome. Same thing happed

5 REPLIES 5

abacus

thanks for the tips. 

I tried calling from the phone for a test and it is working now.  credit card has been charged.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@abacus hi it is suggested by alot of people here that you take a temporary number and then port once sign up is succesful and all is in working order then port your number 

GR
Mayor / Maire

When you get it to work you should select autopay to get the 2$ autopay reward every month! You can still put money on it before the renewal date if you want.  All I can suggest is wait a bit more and try again, if your credit card was not charged nit means your activation didn't work. You can pop your sim card in your phone just to make sure it didn't go through 

abacus

When I tried in incognito mode it says my sim is invalid

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@abacus , often a failure during activation locks the SIM card to the past session for about an hour.  I suggest trying again using incognito mode in an hour.  

Need Help? Let's chat.