cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Failed and SIM Number Became Invalid

rainclear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried to activate my SIM card.  At the last step, it took over five minutes to respond and I got the following message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

Then I clicked the Login Page and reached the activation page.  This time when I put into my SIM card number, I was told "Invalid Sim".  I opened the activation page with a different browser and the result is the same.

There is no customer service phone number to reach.  This is the worst experience I have had with cell phone plan providers.

Brian

8 REPLIES 8

sunkmail
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@rainclear  I had the same thing when I signed up ...

If your card was charged (mine was), Try going to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ and creating the self-serve account?

If it allows you to input your number (Which you should have gotten to see/pick/enter before the payment screen), proceed with the registration from there.

Once I did this, everything worked fine.

Diablo

@rainclear I had a similair problem with my SIM card that I just set up. I called the guy that I bought it from and he told me he already activated it and could just put it in the phone so that may work for you. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Diego

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

Thanks hairbag1, 

I'm on it.

Eddy PM MOd

@rainclear wrote:

My credit card was charged.  I couldn't login to my account.  I am not sure whether I input a wrong email address.

Brian

As per previous suggestions...you'll need to reach out for assistance from moderator_team.  Click here to message them

Please be patient as it might take several hours to hear back from them.

Provide as much information of your account as you can.

Good luck

rainclear

My credit card was charged.  I couldn't login to my account.  I am not sure whether I input a wrong email address.

Brian

rainclear

Thanks.  My credit card was charged.  I will contact the moderator team.

@rainclear wrote:

I have tried to activate my SIM card.  At the last step, it took over five minutes to respond and I got the following message:

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

Then I clicked the Login Page and reached the activation page.  This time when I put into my SIM card number, I was told "Invalid Sim".  I opened the activation page with a different browser and the result is the same.

There is no customer service phone number to reach.  This is the worst experience I have had with cell phone plan providers.

Brian

Did you ever enter payment information? If you did, I check to see if you were charged.  I would also check to see if the sim card works im your phone.  Also, check if your self-serve account login works.

If you never got to entering payment information, I would wait about an an hour an then try activating again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rainclear , check your payment card transactions.  If you have been charged, the activation may have proceeded far enough to make the SIM card unusable for a retry.  If that's the case, I suggest seeking moderator team assistance to complete the rest of the activation.  If the payment card has not been charged, you can try again after an hour wait using the same SIM card.  

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.