cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Error, Any Solutions?

kyguy9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, just signed on to PM yesterday and I'm having some issues with it. Activated my SIM, but it errored out at the end. From the person who referred me, they told me they can see my account was activated and I can see that I was charged on my card, but I never got a confirmation email or anything. I can't log in with the information I entered to create an account during the activation process. Not too sure what's going on. I just tried to submit a ticket but I'm having an "error logging in" on that page as well with my community account (which I can login and use since I'm here posting on the forum). Hope someone can help, thanks!

•  
22 REPLIES 22

Damanjeet066

I want to know my number is activate

Brettmurphy

I am having same issue, said activation error and it wants me to verify via text message but I have no service and nothing is working just tried to activate earlier and got text from old carrier about switching phone number please help 

HI @alisyed1 

it won't receive calls because porting was not done.  You got a text from your old carrier about the port and you replied Yes to approve it?

there is a team to call and check the porting status, will message you the number and please call them to get it resolved.  Check your Community inbox

alisyed1

Having a similar problem with porting a number. It works, but it wont allow to receive any calls and when I try to log onto my session on the Public Mobile app it tells me that it sent a code to this number, which I do not receive. 

mlavoie

The link provided works inconsistently. Tried multiple times only to get an effectively blank PM page. My last attempt succeeded and I was able to send a message. Don't know why this time worked since I didn't do anything different.

@Cor1 wrote:

No porting a number. Received new one. I did a few of the things you suggested and it is now working and so far everything seems to be resolved and we were able to complete our self serve account.

thank you again so much. We will give public mobile an honest try.

feeling so relieved at the moment. Yay!

If you ever have any problems or questions come back to this community for assistance. Welcome to PM.

Cor1

No porting a number. Received new one. I did a few of the things you suggested and it is now working and so far everything seems to be resolved and we were able to complete our self serve account.

thank you again so much. We will give public mobile an honest try.

feeling so relieved at the moment. Yay!

@Cor1 wrote:

The charge is “pending” on my credit card. I’m not sure if you can answer this but as much trouble and hours we have put into this activation I am thinking to cancel my autopay, how do I go about doing this? I’ll check what happens when I put SIM card in phone. Thank you so much for your prompt reply

Also, are you porting a number over from another carrier or are you getting a new number?

Cor1

The charge is “pending” on my credit card. I’m not sure if you can answer this but as much trouble and hours we have put into this activation I am thinking to cancel my autopay, how do I go about doing this? I’ll check what happens when I put SIM card in phone. Thank you so much for your prompt reply

@Cor1 wrote:

This is exactly what happened to me and now when I attempt to activate sim it says it’s invalid. This is super frustrating. Having second thoughts on using pm as my carrier/provider. Not very clear instructions on how to submit a help ticket either.

Can you check to see if your credit card was charged?

If yes, put sim in phone and see if it works.

If no, wait one hour and try to activate again. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. You can also use the live chat for activations:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Cor1

This is exactly what happened to me and now when I attempt to activate sim it says it’s invalid. This is super frustrating. Having second thoughts on using pm as my carrier/provider. Not very clear instructions on how to submit a help ticket either.

@BanditHorse wrote:
 Good luck on your primary issue as well, and hopefully you'll get that ticket submitted & b off to the races soon. Cheers! Bandit (da Horse)

This was fixed earlier.

BanditHorse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have a brief suggestion which may help with submitting a ticket successfully: In the process of submitting a ticket, while logged in to your Community account, it'll ask you to verify by offering 2 options...I believe one is to verify with a code sent via SMS, and the second is to log in to your account - your main account, used for billing, etc.. That kinda threw me for a loop the first time I came across that. Two separate logins was just a bit confusing, but I sorted it out, and hopefully reading this will help you and/or perhaps others as well. Good luck on your primary issue as well, and hopefully you'll get that ticket submitted & b off to the races soon. Cheers! Bandit (da Horse)

You are welcome . Thanks for choosing my response as the solution @kyguy9 . Glad that we could help you . Have a great week. 

kyguy9

Thank you everyone for the help! I contacted a moderator and found out that the SIM was not properly set up on the back end system. They were able to help me get up and running, and then all I had to do was set it up using the self-serve. Great suggestions everyone, much appreciated!

@kyguy9 

The most likely scenario that i believe for this situation is usually that the the the service works just fine but that only the self serve account didn't get created properly.  As others have said, try to see if the services work after inserting the sim card into you phone. It's often just a matter of needing to complete the self serve registration process again.

If you encounter one of either the service not working or the self serve account not being able to be created, you do need to contact the moderators, but I would suggest against using the method that others have stated, at least for now. Private messaging the username Moderator_Team is not the ideal way because this can cause a delay. Messages sent to Public Mobile's customer service in this manner are given a lower priority.

To contact Public Mobile, and to ensure that you receive a higher priority in the service queue, first try openning a ticket through  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ .  I do realize that when creating a ticket, it will intially ask for your self serve account credentials, but there should be an option to verify your identity/that it's your account by using phone number and account PIN.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

While the other responses have you covered to get this fixed, just out of curiosity, I have to ask how someone that referred you here can possibly "see that your account was activated"?

The referrer gets a text and the refer a friend increments up one on the rewards area of their overview page.

Well DUH - of course it's the OBVIOUS answer that CannonFodder overlooks!!! 🙄 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@kyguy9 wrote:

Hi everyone, just signed on to PM yesterday and I'm having some issues with it. Activated my SIM, but it errored out at the end. From the person who referred me, they told me they can see my account was activated and I can see that I was charged on my card, but I never got a confirmation email or anything.

•  

While the other responses have you covered to get this fixed, just out of curiosity, I have to ask how someone that referred you here can possibly "see that your account was activated"?

The referrer gets a text and the refer a friend increments up one on the rewards area of their overview page.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@kyguy9 wrote:

Hi everyone, just signed on to PM yesterday and I'm having some issues with it. Activated my SIM, but it errored out at the end. From the person who referred me, they told me they can see my account was activated and I can see that I was charged on my card, but I never got a confirmation email or anything.

•  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

So you were charged. Put sim in does anything work?

Clear history and cookies ..open new browser in Incognito mode and try register your self serve account again at link below

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kyguy9 Contact a moderator and ask them to provision your sim correctly for you. Use this link to contact them directly. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@kyguy9 wrote:

Hi everyone, just signed on to PM yesterday and I'm having some issues with it. Activated my SIM, but it errored out at the end. From the person who referred me, they told me they can see my account was activated and I can see that I was charged on my card, but I never got a confirmation email or anything. I can't log in with the information I entered to create an account during the activation process. Not too sure what's going on. I just tried to submit a ticket but I'm having an "error logging in" on that page as well with my community account (which I can login and use since I'm here posting on the forum). Hope someone can help, thanks!

•  

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi

Did you try using the sim?

Did you try creating your selfserve account?

If your sim works you can do it here

Otherwise you will have to contact moderators here

Need Help? Let's chat.