cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation - Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

longhim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I'm completely new to Public Mobile and got my SIM earlier in the week. I'm getting the Alternate Phone Number Regex Error when porting a number during the SIM activation process, and I'm unable to set up an account with a temporary number because the region drop down is blank. This has been tested with Chrome, Firefox, Edge with all add-ons disabled and cache cleared, on multiple computers.

Any help would be appreciated - i've been trying this all weekend.

I initially tried to PM a mod on Friday, then left a post yesterday here. I'm not sure if it's because that thread was marked solved, but since there are later posts that have been resolved I'm hoping a fresh post will at least get a reply. @Saray_O

My apologies if this results in multiple tags! I understand that the mods are swamped. It's just that I can't afford interrupted service during the week. That and my previous provider's payment cycle ends today and I don't want to be paying another month...

15 REPLIES 15

Pra

I had same issue ,  your first name,  last name field should be 11 chrs or less then try. sit should work.

DaleD1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to port my number from my Rogers account.  I keep getting an error message for the alternate phone number so cannot move to the next window.  Please help! Thx

creyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Having the same problem, can somebody assist? 

Thanks! 

Pra

Thans a lot it is working after the data APN  setting done in the phone

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Pra,

thanks for reaching out to us !

If you have not already done so, please make sure to set up your APN. Here is a link that explains how to set them up (on the bottom left) http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/settings.php?id=1019

You should also make sure to enable your cellular data - go to your settings, click on cellular, enable cellular data.

Please let me know if you require further assistance 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Pra

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M, and @Simon_O @MarieHelen_L

Actually I went through two step process ,
Add-on section shows both my data and long distance services are added.

Still my data is not working but long distance is working fine. Any idea?.

Pra
Actually I went through two step process ,
Add-on section shows both my data and long distance services are added ,still my data is not working but long distance is working fine. Any idea?.

Pra

I added  both add-on same time.

Pra

i did both process . Add on page shows i have 200mb data plan but is not working .

i added  a long distance call 200 munits it show in the add on page and working ok .

both add on a added some time. please help me

@Pra wrote:

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M, and @Simon_O@ @MarieHelen_L

I just puchased add-on 200 mb data , but is not working. I have $25 talk and taxt plan provice wide.

@PraThe visibility of your post would be better if you had started a new topic for your problem. (The original post is from October 2016 and has been marked as solved, so many people are not checking it out any more.)

I hope I'm not stating the obvious here, I just wanted to point out that buying an add-on is a two step process.

In the first step you are adding the appropriate amount of funds to your account, the second step is actually buying the add-on. So if you go back into your account and it shows available funds $10 but the add-on doesn't show on your feature list, simply go through the process again.

Hope that helps.

P.S. If you are in favour of simplifying the process, you could support @srlawren's suggestion in the lab.

Edited to clarify my line of thought.

Pra

I just puchased add-on 200 mb data , but is not working. I have $25 talk and taxt plan provice wide.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Pra

Thanks for letting us know about this! The solution to your issue is simple 😄 

In the page right before that, when it asks you for your personal information, simply make sure to respect all the characters limit! Please do not enter more than 11 characters for your first name, not more than 18 for your last name and not more than 21 for the city. 

Please try following these tips and you should be able to proceed! 

Let me know if I can help with anything else, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Pra

1) I am new to PM , tried to activate a new SIM. Unable to get new phone number. new number field is blank, not allowing me to go further. please help me on this.

2) Then, I  tried to port the number , the activation page , on the 2nd page , alternate phone number field higlighted with red rectangle, and not allowig me to go further.

Can you PM me if you require further information.

Pra

I am new to PM , tried to activate a new SIM. Unable to get new phone number. new number field is blank, not allowing me to go further. please help me on this

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

yes, this regex is apparently an issue at the moment and only a moderator can help you... try to private message @Saray_O again ( just click on the link ) .....

cheers

jens

Need Help? Let's chat.