cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating your SIM card

sweeneysblade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Message I received on the website as I was checking out:

Oops! Looks like something went wrong when activating your account.

Please start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket, and the next available Public Mobile Moderator can assist you in your activation via private messaging.

Note that you will need to create a Public Mobile Community Account to submit a ticket

For more information about Public Mobile support and how it works, click here

Error Code: 821

I have no idea what to do at this stage. Any help?

12 REPLIES 12

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sweeneysblade wrote:

Please start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket, and the next available Public Mobile Moderator can assist you in your activation via private messaging.

Note that you will need to create a Public Mobile Community Account to submit a ticket

If you are asked to do the IPSO survey don't forget this experience with the Self Serve. 

@sweeneysblade 

Welcome to public mobile! Anytime you have a question come to the community we are always happy to help.

@sweeneysblade wrote:

I did enter my payment info. And a temp charge was placed on the credit card.

I initiated a new ticket and a moderator solved the issue for me.

@sweeneysblade thanks for letting us know that your issue is resolved.  Yay!  Kudos to the moderator who responded and fixed the issue right away.

again, welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

sweeneysblade

I had no idea it was a new portal!  I checked it out last week to determine the process (as it's my first time switching carriers) and it was the same basic information on the website then as it is now.

I did message a moderator and Lorren was able to activate my SIM card and open the account for me.

Thanks for checking.

sweeneysblade

I did enter my payment info. And a temp charge was placed on the credit card.

I initiated a new ticket and a moderator solved the issue for me.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@sweeneysblade wrote:

Hi @sweeneysblade Welcome to Public Mobile!

I think you are the first activation gone wrong after the New Activation Portal was introduced two weeks ago.  

I hope by now you have sent a message to the Moderator_Team for help.

Please keep us updated as this is new to most of us here in the community.  Thanks in advance.

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sweeneysblade 

Try this live activation assistance, might get things rolling for you...  would recommend clearing cache & cookies and using an incognito tab when trying again and using this option:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sweeneysblade 

You will need to contact the moderators but check a couple of things while you are waiting. Put the sim card in your phone and reboot to see if you have any service. Also check your credit card to see if you have been charged for your service.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type in "incomplete activation" and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. 

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. Wait times seem to have improved to about one hour currently.

Edit: Whoops hit post before I was done.....

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sweeneysblade , did you get to the page where you entered your payment card or voucher?  If funds were taken, likely the activation has progressed far enough that the SIM card has activated.  If not, usually waiting out a 1 hour session lock will allow you to try again from the beginning.  Clear browser cache if retrying after session time out.  In any event, if you need support click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the website to initiate a support ticket.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sweeneysblade wrote:

@sweeneysblade    You may need to wait an hour before retrying and also make sure to clear cache/cookies and use a browser with incognito/privacy mode enabled.

If you want to submit a ticket to moderators for assistance via chatbot click this link and follow prompts:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if chatbot ticket was unsuccessful is to private message Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.