cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating your Public Mobile SIM card

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Click here in order to activate your Public Mobile SIM card.

Step by step instructions for activation process are as follows:

1. Let’s get started– Read and accept Public Mobile Terms of services and press Continue.

1. SIM card Info– Input 19 digit SIM card info in the required field and press Continue.

1. Account- Set-up – Add your profile info such as your name, address and contact info and press Continue.

1. Profile Settings– Set up your IVR (*611) Self Serve 4-digit PIN, preferred language and your Web Self Serve account then press Continue. Remember: You can log into your Self Serve account using the email and password you selected in Step 4 and add your security question and answer which you can remember easily which can be used if the password is forgotten.

1. Phone Number– Select a new phone number for your local calling area or Transfer (Port) a wireline/wireless number from another provider, then press Continue. For further information on transferring your number click here.

1. Plan and Add-ons– Select your phone as Public Mobile phone, select your price plan and choose your Add-ons, then press Continue.

1. Review your Order– Review summary of your order and select a payment method, then press Continue.

1. Payment– Input the payment information you wish to use (Credit Card or Payment Voucher) and then press Continue.

1. Transaction Summary – Review the details of your transaction and press Finish.

If you don’t have a Public Mobile SIM, please visit our BETA Site to order the SIM type that is compatible with your device.

65 REPLIES 65

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Luddite,

It's intergalactic traveller's lag. Bob and Sue informed me of it. I regret not conveying that tidbit to you. 😞

Cheers.

@Martin I did need lunch!! Read date as 12-17. Smiley Embarassed

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@SurpriseGiftsCa Adding to Martin's sugestions, I can tell you that your SIM is still available to activate. I know this because I just went to the activation page, entered your SIM number, added account details, and got to the next stage "select your phone number. Suggest you try again with a different email address being careful with all the data entry. 

Also, as Martin pointed out you need to delete your SIM card number before someone more mischievious than I really locks you out.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Luddite,

Leona's post is more than a month old.

FYI.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The fact that your SIM card is a month old is not a problem.

Please remove the card, and examine it for unusual wear and tear. If there is any, you require a new card.

I suggest that you clear your cache, reboot, and try again.

If you encounter the same problem, send a web mail to customer assistance. If you do not receive a reply within 48 consecutive hours, or if you receive a reply within 48 consecutive hours without a working solution, inform this community. A community moderator will then be alerted to your situation, who will initiate contact and work with you until your problem is resolved.

Hang in there!©

@SurpriseGiftsCa @leona I will look more carefully at your issues after lunch. Meanwhile you will get faster help by starting new posts for each of your problems and be send emails to PM.

SurpriseGiftsCa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I orderd a sim card a month ago  and I cannot activate it now, website says not a valid Public mobile Sim card (#8912230000287206411). please resolve the issue asap, i need to acitivate. it.

leona
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  I bought an kyrocera phonefrom public mobliel in and at the time it was a promothion withich I WAS SUPPOSED TO UPGRADE TO A 3g TYPE PHONE.. I was offered a special price.for a a new phone. but not a great difference so I went on and got a different one from Rogers..

I have recently ran into this phone and it still works,buy has lost connections. Do you know if I can get it to work.. its really not a bad phone.. at all.

thanks, \Leona

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

I researched your phone. It seems that it is missing the 1700 MHz frequency. For 4G LTE transmission, one needs 1700 MHz for uploading data from phone to tower, and 2100 MHz to download data from tower to phone.

Aside from the above, I strongly suggest that you check PM's library of posts.Using the search engine, input APN and look for APN and Set-Up Guide. In the mobile version, the search engine is located at the top left, characterized by a magnifying glass. Click it. In the full computer version, the search engine is the rectangular box above the right half of the page. It's imperative that you find that guide and enter the correct values. Only then will you truly know how compatible your phone is with the network.

I wish you the best of success.

garylynch56

Hi Martin my sim is registered. i entered apn as shown for android but it does not say what apn protocol to set at or apn roaming protocol. it does not say what bearer to set either my options are LTE, eHRPD or unspecified. my model number is sm-g920f i entered my imei number to see if phone would work on the network and it said it would. I bought it from China on ali express its a samgsung s6. thanks for your help.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Without your fully answering my questions, and following my advice, I cannot attempt to resolve your problem.

garylynch56

I have activated my sim but when I try to connect to public mobile network it says can't connect to this network right now try again later. Any idea whats going on?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

First, did you register your SIM card number in your self-serve account under Plans and Add-ons .... Change SIM Card?

Second, do the APN settings of your phone conform to PM's requirements?

Third, did you manually select Public Mobile as your carrier? You will find that option, as well as APN, under Settings.

Fourth, turn your phone off. Remove the SIM card and battery, if removable. Examine the card for unusual wear and tear. Examine the battery for bulges and leakage. After a few minutes, reinsert them, ensuring that nothing is loose. Reboot.

Fifth, how do you know that the phone has the correct frequencies for the PM/Telus/Koodo network? If you are uncertain, give me the name of the manufacturer, the model and submodel, and I will do research for you.Was the phone bought in Canada for the Canadian market?

I look forward to your replies.

garylynch56

I have activated my sim but when I try to connect to public mobile network it says can't connect to this network right now try again later. Any idea whats going on?

@leungd4 It can take up to 48 hours for a reply. Can you still use your phone with the old carrier SIM installed?

Are you sure your phone is compatible with PM network?

leungd4

I am having the same problem.  I have put in my credit card for unlimited calling province wide, unlimited texting and 1 gig of data.  The activation said that it is completed, however there is no service at all.  I have sent in a message as they said to and now reply since Sunday 12 noon.  I wish they have customer service that has a live person.  What should I do?  Thanks

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Martin wrote:
Hello,

Your phone was released in 2005.

The only North American frequencies on which it would operate is 850 MHz and 1900 MHz. I have yet to determine if that is 2G or 3G. If the former, the only network on which it would be compatible is the 2G, which is being phased out by Rogers. Were you ever a Rogers customer, and, if so, did you use the 2G network?

Good point, when I was looking at the device specs, I didn't pay attention to HSPA support or not. According to what I found was that it only supports GSM/EDGE which the TELUS/Bell network does not have. Thus, @cyberjack will need a new phone in order to use the service.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Your phone was released in 2005.

The only North American frequencies on which it would operate is 850 MHz and 1900 MHz. I have yet to determine if that is 2G or 3G. If the former, the only network on which it would be compatible is the 2G, which is being phased out by Rogers. Were you ever a Rogers customer, and, if so, did you use the 2G network?

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cyberjack wrote:

Registering SIM card and payment seemed to go smoothly and I got complete summary of setup confirmed.

When I try to make a call it says "Emergency calls only".

\My phone is an old unlocked Samsung SGH-X497 flip phone.

What is the problem?  Thanks

Hi @cyberjack,

Have you tried turning off your device, pull the battery, reinsert & then power the device back on? If so, check your Self Serve account and go to Addon Usage, does everything show as Active?

Lastly, in the future, please also create a new topic if you have a question that pertains to your account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

cyberjack

Registering SIM card and payment seemed to go smoothly and I got complete summary of setup confirmed.

When I try to make a call it says "Emergency calls only".

\My phone is an old unlocked Samsung SGH-X497 flip phone.

What is the problem?  Thanks

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lucabrasi

You can contact Public Mobile directly by email through the Contact Us page, click on "Email Away" towards the right hand side. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
lucabrasi,

Click Contact Us in the lower column on this site's home page. A new page will open with Email Away on it. Click that. Another page will open with a radio button webform. Complete the form according to the problem that you have, and submit your information to Public Mobile. A representative should contact you within one or two days.

Good luck!

lucabrasi
@Martin

My Account been Disable ...how to Contact customer Service if there's no more for new account

Martin
Legend
Legend
lucabrasi,

Does the error message state the reason that you need to contact PM?

Also, what specifically is preventing you from accessing your self-serve account?

lucabrasi
@Jeremy_M

Cool Its fix But Now I can Even acces my Online Account It says i need to Contact You Guys Contact PublicMobile...?!? How???

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@lucabrasi

Did you follow @Cyber recommendation and send us an email? As I see you followed @David and your account is active, it might be an issue on our side.

@chukdefatey just to clear some ground I appreciate your concerns, but I find the word "stealing" a little harsh. In fact just to clear the air we are not stealing, we are however experiencing intermittent issues with some accounts, as you have seen and heard on the community, and up to now I think we have been transparent with the issues we are experiencing. Sometimes things do not run as smoothly as we wish, but we will however help our customers in every way possible so that issues that we see, do not occur in the future.

We are working very hard to offer a premium online service, there will be hiccups along the way.

Cheers

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@lucabrasi, I understand how you feel. What the hell is wrong with you Public Mobile you keep stealing people's money and not providing them with services. Too be honest this is getting beyond ridiculous now. I can just imagine how many people you have stolen from. If I did this I would be in Jail but it's ok for a company to do this. I suggest so you don't feel like you have been robbed is to get in touch with your Credit Card company (assuming you paid with a Credit Card) and explain to them what happened to get your money back.

lucabrasi

Thanks for letting me know, great but how they gon Fix That Bruh!

lucabrasi

danm you guys are fast,yes it is active fully active 

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@David,

When I subscribed, I had similar issues. My service status was ACTIVE but my phone showed "Unregistered SIM"

The problem come from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.