cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating sim - error verifying payment card

KBailey78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, just looking for some help.  Im trying to activate a sim for my husband, using the same visa debit as is registered for auto pay on my account.  I keep getting an error that there is a problem verifying my card?? anyone have this issue or know how to fix it??

11 REPLIES 11

@Jovana7707

You might want to start our own thread and get more visibility for your problem. 

Sometimes the website is finicky.  You could try a different web browser, clearing cache, privacy/incognito mode.  Address has to be exact.  If you have an apartmnt number, leave that section blank.  

If you are really stuck and you need your service renewed immediaely, you might want to buy a payment voucher in store or online (via recharge.com) and pay through online or dialing 611.  

Jovana7707
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem! 

No credit nor debit visa card is working!!

Here’s the error mistake message I received, over and over, even when I verified everything!DF15EA11-86B7-4A79-912B-51211635188C.jpeg

Thanks for helping me

Hello @thuythudong51

Thank you for reaching out to us, 

After taking a look at your account, I see that you called in on the 26th of September 2016 to suspend your account due to having lost your SIM card. 

Because your account being inactive for more than 90 days, we have now closed down the account. 

Please activate a new account with a new phone number using the link below: 

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

thuythudong51

Hello sir

my name Bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg

my phone with public mobile is 51xxxxxxxxxxxx1

last month I loss(losid) my sim card ....with number 89xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2

now i like active my new sim card with same old number 5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1

my new sim card is 8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3...

Can you help me give me same old number 5xxxxxxxxxxxx1...

Thank you

Bui van dong

KBailey78
I messaged a moderator and got the account all settled within a few days. Once the account was created the number port went through fairly fast. This is my 4 th activation with Public. I am very pleased with the service... and the price, and so is my family.

Amandajs

I wanted to wait to post about this, until it was all resolved. And it was, by the evening of the 14th! It might have been sooner, but we were busy and not checking our emails often. By the time I had read imm1304's response to my original post, I had already sent off an email through the Contact Us area. A couple of different moderators were involved and my husband's phone was activated. He couldn't access data, so I logged into his account and saw that he had only a 10 day plan and no data. I swapped it up to the plan we had wanted originally, and a  moderator credited his account the difference. We ported his number over with only a minor glitch (from the original carrier - as I had already ported my active number and his vacation disconnect number could not be ported until I re-ativated it).

AAfter reading some of the previous posts I was anticipating that it would take longer, but I guess that was during a promotion. So, we are impressed and totally satisfied.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Amandajs!

The solution recently offered by one of the mods was to activate again in this scenario.  Avoid any punctuations/characters in the address.  Do not worry if you are charged twice.  

My understanding is that the cc charges are in "Pending" status for couple of days and PM tends to proceed with only one of the charges in these situations.  However, if multiple charges show up, writing to the mods via a private message in this community would be the fastest way to resolve this.  

For example, @Saray_O is one of the mods.  Click on her name and near the right side of her profile page, there is an option to "Send this user a private message".  Send the sim card number you tried to activate and explain the situation if the second attempt fails.  Or if you need to reverse multiple charges in a few days.  Report back with any progress here.  Good luck!

Amandajs

Similar thing happened to me. Yesterday, I successfully activated my SIM and ported my number over from Telus. Everything worked great. Today, I was activating my husband's SIM. When I got to step 5 payment, I used the same credit card and got a message "The payment did not go through. Your card was declined. Please call your credit card company." I assumed an error at the credit card company - declining because it was the identical charge as the day previously. I spoke to them and they said that both charges (ie for my SIM yesterday and hubby's today) had gone through. I could not see any way to proceed from that payment page to Summary without hitting the Activate button again (which looked as if it would charge my card again - and after reading other posts would not have resolved things anyway).

His phone, with SIM inserted, and after rebooting twice, still says "No Service".

I have sent an email to ?moderators.

Another question. He has his own credit card, with a different number on the card, although both are really the same account. If I use his cc number for his PM account, even though it is the same cc account, will it avoid the problem?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @KBailey78!  

Its time to send your info, i.e. sim card number via private message to Saray as recommended by @Luddite above.  Although rare, but this kind of problems do happen and the mods are able to fix it.  

KBailey78

Thanks  Tried that.... still not working..

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try again after clearing your browser's cache and turning off any ad/pop up blocker. Ensure the name/address et.c is EXACTLY as shown on your card statement.

If that fails, you will need moderator assistance. Send any one of them a private message ( @Saray_Ofor example) with your SIM number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.