cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating sim card with new phone

GabriellaGrace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a new iphone 11 pro and thought I would use this opportunity to change carriers as I feel Rogers is overcharging me. I did want to keep the same number though so when I activated the sim card I put in that info. I put the sim card into the new phone. I received the confirmation email telling me it could be up to 2 hrs. for service to switch over. I waited, its now been almost 5 hrs but any call or text sent to the number still goes to my old phone. 

Where did I go wrong?

12 REPLIES 12

maggiemarie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try online chat? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GabriellaGrace wrote:

Thank you so much! I don't know why that is so hard to find on the website. The chatbot thing just went round and round

Yes. It's ridiculous. But that's how they want people to come in to getting moderator help after seeing what the community can do.

I've seen it link you to private messaging in there. So it's a "ticket" or a private message.

They say private messaging takes longer.  Dunno

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@GabriellaGrace wrote:

Thank you so much! I don't know why that is so hard to find on the website. The chatbot thing just went round and round

I typed port request in the chatbot as the porting annoucement threads say and it goes directly to contact a moderator. I'm not sure why you got different, but yeah, nobody wants to use Simon.

GabriellaGrace

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have default notifications still, you will get an email telling you you have a private message. Don't answer it. Come back here and see the little envelope in the upper right by your ice cream cone avatar. Click on it. You will get a list of your inbox. Click on the subject line to fully read the message. There will be a reply button there as well.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@GabriellaGrace wrote:

Thank you for the response. The old phone with the old sim card in it is still active. The new phone has the new Public sim card in it but it hasn't activated.

When I click on the link in your message it just brings me back to the sites home page. I have been trying to find a contact email for an actual human at this company for over an hour but the site just keeps me going around in an unhelpful circle. So frustrated I'm about to give up and go back to my old company

There's no e-mail address or phone number to contact. You have to use SIMon or private messaging to Moderator_Team.

GabriellaGrace

Thank you! That link actually allowed me to message a human at the company..........I hope. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GabriellaGrace 

Top of this page, click on Get Help. Click on the SIMon chatbot thing. Muddle your through to submitting a ticket. It might also offer up a link to private messaging the moderators.

GabriellaGrace

Thank you for the response. The old phone with the old sim card in it is still active. The new phone has the new Public sim card in it but it hasn't activated.

When I click on the link in your message it just brings me back to the sites home page. I have been trying to find a contact email for an actual human at this company for over an hour but the site just keeps me going around in an unhelpful circle. So frustrated I'm about to give up and go back to my old company

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Port is still in progress. Could take up to 24 hours for Rogers to realese that number to Public Mobile. 

If it's not fully transferred by tomorrow afternoon your port may be stuck. You would then have to contact moderators to resolve the issue.

@EDIT - Follow @computergeek541 instructions

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you used a referral code when signing up for a $10 bonus. The credit will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

@GabriellaGrace wrote:

I just bought a new iphone 11 pro and thought I would use this opportunity to change carriers as I feel Rogers is overcharging me. I did want to keep the same number though so when I activated the sim card I put in that info. I put the sim card into the new phone. I received the confirmation email telling me it could be up to 2 hrs. for service to switch over. I waited, its now been almost 5 hrs but any call or text sent to the number still goes to my old phone. 

Where did I go wrong?

That means that number portiing has failed. Ensure that your Rogers service is active and continue using your Rogers service to ensure that you don't miss any of your phone calls. 

Ideally, it would also be good to have your Public Mobile also inserted into a compatbile phone. This is because incoming text messages from Telus, Koodo, and other Public Mobile customers will be delivered to your Public Mobile service.

Double check your Rogers account number. Don't bother with IMEI or account PIN.  After you have your Rogers account number, open at ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and type "port request".

Need Help? Let's chat.