cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating plan error!! Help!

heidib1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a new plan/sim card. I am on step #2, phone number. When I put in an alternative phone number in case they need to contact me, it doesn't work! It just keeps saying this, "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" and it won't let me proceed on to the next step! Help!!?

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Darren_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe where you have :"Select Your Group" in the DROP DOWN MENU - is Supposed to be to Select Your Area- That's what I recall (in N.S.)

then you choose (Double Click) a number on the List; or

TRY TO CREATE YOUR OWN, but it's NOT EASY

Darren_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Friend just Created an Account a few hours ago.

I'm Pretty Sure the Alternative # is NOT Required.
Perhaps the Red Asterix was to Correct Information,  Maybe any Dashed in the Number?

Then select Transfer Number:

transfernumber.PNG

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Click Plans and Addons, then Change Phone Number.

changenumber.PNG

Site seems very slow now. It's in My Account. If I can get there, I'll post a screen shot. Are you using phone or laptop?

@heidib1 wrote:

Thank you very much, I had to do this. I sure hope I figure out how to import my number afterwards!

Generally, a good idea to activate new plan with a temporary new number.  Try the service and if you like it, you can port your number over via your self service account.  Not too difficult to do. 

Just choose Change your phone number option in self service account.  Three important pieces of information that you need to port:  Account number, account holder name and phone number to be ported.  

heidib1

Thank you very much, I had to do this. I sure hope I figure out how to import my number afterwards!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Incognito mode. Click on the three dots if on phone in the top right.

Screenshot_20190925-193058.png

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you are porting a number you might want to consider taking a new number to start and then when everything is working you can port in the number.

heidib1

I don't know what incognito mode is!! Please let me know! No, not using brackets or dashes.

heidib1

Thank you, I will try in chrome. But it has an asterisk beside the alternate number meaning I must provide one for when I activate this account. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Are you trying to use brackets or dashes?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you try in incognito mode

You may have to wait for sim to be released from a session

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@heidib1 

Website can be finicky.  Can try clearing cache, different web browser or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito seems to work well with this site.  

Technically speaking, you don't need an alternative number.  With one of my accounts, I don't have an alternative number registered.  It is nice to have one just in case there are porting issues though.  

Need Help? Let's chat.