cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating new line, wanted a certain number, it was available. When registering got timeout!

beepig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As subject says:

I went and got a new public mobile SIM card, chose my last 4 digits specifically and the number was available.  When I clicked on the next step, I received a timeout page.

I had to go back to the first step to try again and now I can't get the number it says unavailable.  It hasn't been registered yet as well (it's my old Public Mobile number).

Can a mod help me get that number? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@beepig wrote:

As subject says:

I went and got a new public mobile SIM card, chose my last 4 digits specifically and the number was available.  When I clicked on the next step, I received a timeout page.

I had to go back to the first step to try again and now I can't get the number it says unavailable.  It hasn't been registered yet as well (it's my old Public Mobile number).

Thanks

You can keep trying the online activation and keep searching if the number shows up but you'll need to wait 50 mintues before trying again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@beepig wrote:

As subject says:

Thanks

Hi @beepig ,

If you already completed the registration/activation with a number you did not want or expect to get you can inquire about this with the moderators to see if you can get that number.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@beepig 

Try the chat

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Due to store closures during COVID-19, our retail team is now here to help you throughout your activation

Need Help? Let's chat.