cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my husband

JWhite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a PM customer; try to activate my husband; but we both use the same email address; so I can’t continue with self-activation.  Is there a way around this; without setting up a new email address? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kb_mv wrote:

@popping wrote:

@JWhite 

Using alias is to avoid creating a new email address.  But you still have to login separately for each account.  I am sure that your husband already have his email address.  Instead of remembering what it the alias is for your husband account, just use your husband's email address.  Just my 2 cents

@popping Op implied that husband DID NOT have his own email account.

"we both use the same email address; so I can’t continue with self-activation.  Is there a way around this; without setting up a new email address?"

No.  I manage 8 PM account for my family members.  Need extras email address or aliases for each account and login to individual account with each email address or aliases.

@popping wrote:

@JWhite 

Using alias is to avoid creating a new email address.  But you still have to login separately for each account.  I am sure that your husband already have his email address.  Instead of remembering what it the alias is for your husband account, just use your husband's email address.  Just my 2 cents

@popping Op implied that husband DID NOT have his own email account.

"we both use the same email address; so I can’t continue with self-activation.  Is there a way around this; without setting up a new email address?"

popping

@JWhite 

@JWhite if using an alias or creating a new email address make sure that it doesnt exceed 30 characters. There is 30 character limit on the activation page.Stay safe. 

popping

@JWhite wrote:

I am a PM customer; try to activate my husband; but we both use the same email address; so I can’t continue with self-activation.  Is there a way around this; without setting up a new email address? Thanks.

PM uses email address as the username to login self-serve account.  PM does not allow more than one number in an account.  Unfortunately, you need a new email address for your husband's account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JWhite wrote:

Hi @JWhite 

Sorry. You will need a different email per each account/phone number.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JWhite wrote:

@JWhite hi I am sorry but you need a separate email it's just how they separate accounts here 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JWhite If you use Gmail you can use aliases. If your email is "yourname@gmail.com you can sign up hubby as "yourname+hubby@gmail.com".

Both will go to your email but it satisfies the requirement here for different email addresses.

I should have added that you can also simply add or remove a period in your email address.

yourname@mail.com

your.name@mail.com

Both of these will go to the same email account but satisfy the requirement for different addresses here as they are only looking at individual characters for the sign in.

Need Help? Let's chat.