cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my SIM

deschu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have just went to a WOW! booth that sell Public Mobile SIM. The guy helped me set up the SIM with my info and CC and old number from VM to be ported. It is showing another phone number that's not mine, but he said it takes some time to be transferred and will be ok later, so thats fine with me. I also received a text from Public Mobile asking "To complete your request, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form." But I can't find that anywhere on Public Mobile website. Can someone guide me. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Vetiver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, 

It should be pretty straightforward setting up your pin on either your phone or a desktop computer. 

I recommend waiting until after activating your sim card before putting it in your phone. 

1. When you open public mobile site at the top of the page you will see 'Get Started',  click on this link. 

2. Scroll down to 'activate your Sim card', and click 'activate sim'. 

Now you should be at Account Setup. Hopefully this answered your question. 

Riettarose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Contact the moderator, they'll be able to help you out if the website is glitching for you or if you can't figure something out. , good luck! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deschu wrote:

Hi,

I have just went to a WOW! booth that sell Public Mobile SIM. The guy helped me set up the SIM with my info and CC and old number from VM to be ported. It is showing another phone number that's not mine, but he said it takes some time to be transferred and will be ok later, so thats fine with me. I also received a text from Public Mobile asking "To complete your request, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form." But I can't find that anywhere on Public Mobile website. Can someone guide me. Thanks

There is issue with your number porting from VM to PM.

Send a private message to moderator for help.

Moderator wait time is up to 2 - 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If your VM SIM is still working, continue to use it until it stop working which is the indication your port is completed.  Then, start using your PM SIM card.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@deschu hi you will have to contact a moderator  with your info here

Need Help? Let's chat.