cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my SIM card

myajasmine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in the process of activating a SIM card for my father; at Step 3 I believe, when the serves shut down. The pages weren't loading. I went back and tried again same results. I even refreshed Step 2's page and it worked fine. I decided to switch computers, went througb steps 1, but couldn't pass step 2 because they notice the SIM was on hold or something along those lines, they said wait 50 minutes. So I went about my day, came back maybe 2 hours later to retry and now I'm getting that it's an invalid SIM number.

Does anyone know what to do? It's sounding like I'll have to buy a new SIM card and im annoyed because it's on their website, not me. They're servers shut off and I don't think its fair im having to (literally) pay for it. Please help

2 REPLIES 2

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@myajasmine contact customer support mods if you're still having issues

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "I'm having issues activating" then "other"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

SIMon chat bubbles-01.jpeg

submit ticket-01.jpeg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section? 

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes.

I understand you have waited longer then this. If you were not charged then clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.