cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating issues

aelcock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1. I activated my new SIM card - i got an welcome email from PUblic!

2. I selected a plan during activation, but at no point did it ask me for my card details

3. I tried logging on to my self serve account but just says 'Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.'

4. I know im using the correct details - i have written them down

5. I have updated the APN details as 'SIMon' suggested

6. I tried the activation process again, but cant as tells me 'SIM is invalid' (which makes me think the activation process i originally started worked'

I cannot make or recieve calls, nor login to self serve - HELP! Im at the end of my tether. Not a great first impression of Public!!

7 REPLIES 7

@gblackma I wouldn't expect resetting network settings to work. The member has stated that no payment was ever made. I'll admit that receiving a welcome e-mail message doesn't make sense.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@aelcock if your phone is an iPhone or Samsung do a network reset and restart your phone. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

During work hours you can get assistance here

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

Welcome to public mobile

@aelcock wrote:

is it weird that i have not actually paid for the plan? i think thats the issue, but cant find anyway to pay for it!

@aelcock  Since you received the welcome email your account number should be listed in the subject line. If it's there then your account hasn't been provisioned properly and needs to be reset by the Moderator Team.

Did you port in your number from another provider during activation? When you test you PM sim in your phone does it connect to PM's network? Is your phone unlocked? If you can connect to PM's network then click here to register your selfserve account.

@aelcock wrote:

is it weird that i have not actually paid for the plan? i think thats the issue, but cant find anyway to pay for it!

Contact the moderators now, they don't start working until the morning but you will have an answer in the morning.

Here is the contact link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will be the best ones to help you with this issue. 

aelcock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@aelcock wrote:

1. I activated my new SIM card - i got an welcome email from PUblic!

2. I selected a plan during activation, but at no point did it ask me for my card details

3. I tried logging on to my self serve account but just says 'Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.'

4. I know im using the correct details - i have written them down

5. I have updated the APN details as 'SIMon' suggested

6. I tried the activation process again, but cant as tells me 'SIM is invalid' (which makes me think the activation process i originally started worked'

I cannot make or recieve calls, nor login to self serve - HELP! Im at the end of my tether. Not a great first impression of Public!!

Give it another try in an hour. Try using incognito mode. Try using a different web browser...Firefox works for me.

Need Help? Let's chat.