cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating error

jrichard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

having a hard time activating my account. keep gettiing server error when activate button is pushed.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jrichard wrote:

having a hard time activating my account. keep gettiing server error when activate button is pushed.

@jrichard  I completely understand how frustrating this can be when trying to activate. I thought the first time i did it on my own it was because i ddnt know the tricks of the trade. (Clear browser, secret mode, use chrome or Firefox, have your cc statements billing address, no space in postal code, leave apt/unit # empty, copy cc address exactly ALL CAPS if so, do not Go back.) Last couple I did wouldn't take visa/debit we had to add it later....so you are not alone. Just be patient wait the hour out...watch a couple of innings of the play offs and start again. Look at it this way if you enter it enough times youll have your pin, password and security question and answer memorized and you wont be on the community asking for help to get into your account. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@jrichard wrote:

How far you getting?  If you get to sumit payment, check that they didn't charge you many times.  Try later but wait  1 hour because sim card number can get locked out if you try again too fast.

grapeape
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue. Seems like the server is pretty slow in general. I had to wait about 5 minutes to get a response but it worked in the end. I moved right next to my router to make sure it wasn't just my internet connection. Frustrating in this day and age when most websites respond in less than a second!

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

the best time to activate the cards is early in the morning, the web site is so busy where everything is self serve it gets very slow when trying to activate, I have seen this after the first screen right up to the last screen. Very frustrating.

There is a system update planned for 10pm Eastern tonight. So if it doesn't work for you in the next few hours, you should probably consider waiting until the morning. 

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

have you tried your sim in the phone? i find sometimes it will error on act but it works anyways. what message does it give?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jrichard wrote:

PM website can be glitchy alright. Try again in an hour, using incognito mode, clear your cache files as well. Let us know if this works for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.