cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Activating an account

@Naepalm 

Was I just blowing hot air here......"You don't physically need to have the card to activate it....just the number on the sim card."

@Naepalm You can request to port in her number directly from the self-serve account. No need to contact mod unless you run into problems. All you need is an account number of her current carrier, but make sure her account is active when you request to port in. You have an option to ship her the sim card now and take a note of the sim number that you will use to activate a new line. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@NDesai I removed the accepted solution, since its no longer the solution lol. I accepted it because it was the easiest with self serve. 

Highlighted

@darlicious why I made it the solution is because I didnt know that you could use self serve, now that I cant that really is no longer a solution for me... 😒
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Naepalm 

Okay well then that sucks. @darlicious  you are still right when it works normally just not sure if it would work now with the world gone screwed.

I would highly suggest using textnow to tide her over. It’s not the best case scenario but it at least leaves her with a phone to call and text from temporarily until this mess called Covid-19 gets sorted out 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm  Use the edit box there should be an option at the bottom of the pop up window to edit the solution.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm wrote:

@NDesai can you remove the accepted solution, since its no longer the solution lol. I accepted it because it was the easiest with self serve. 

or @computergeek541 since you are on can you cancel the acceptednaolution on this is it is no longer a solution as desai pointed out. 

This is something that I'm able to do, but the option is also available to you as well. You would simply need to click on the message's menu and select "not the solution".

Highlighted

thank.you for that edit solution I have had a couple where I wanted to change it but didnt want to bother the oracles.
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 

That’s good to know for anyone who accepted a wrong solution. 

Another thing added to my Brain 

Highlighted
Oracle

@Naepalm wrote:

@NDesai I removed the accepted solution, since its no longer the solution lol. I accepted it because it was the easiest with self serve. 

No worries, i didn't expect my original post to be a solution anyways. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What, we can actually re-tract a solution after the fact? That's so cool. I agree with @Naepalm , I didn't think we had the 'power' to do this!