Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Activating an account

@darlicious she likes shiny things...lol

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm 

Since you'll have to plan ahead....email, pin #, security question and answer etc....prepare her a cheat sheet and mail it separately. Registered mail. Every activation i do gets a cheat sheet from me and i keep a copy if they want me to....and I give them the basic three trouble shooting techniques. Reboot, airplane mode and lost/stolen.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Naepalm You can request to port in her number directly from the self-serve account. No need to contact mod unless you run into problems. All you need is an account number of her current carrier, but make sure her account is active when you request to port in. You have an option to ship her the sim card now and take a note of the sim number that you will use to activate a new line. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Naepalm @NDesai 

NDesai Coming in with the knowledge bomb. Looks like you are good to go Naepalm

Highlighted

@NDesai Perfect then I am good to go thanks for letting me know about the self serve option, that will make it easier.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai hello porting is working in self serve again? when I click on it I get this message   Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team

Highlighted
Oracle

@Naepalm Actually, cancel what i said regarding porting her number from self-serve as it is still disabled. Contact mod through Simon or PM. It has been pretty long since they were making some changes in the backend. Gotta find out ETA on that. 

@RossN Right!

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai yes it has been far to long hopefully they can give you a timeline 

Highlighted

@NDesai oh boo, well that sucks. ok thank you. Hope they fix that with the update then.