cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating an Old SIM Card

KasingK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an old Public Mobile SIM card which has been de-activated long ago on my old phone. I'm getting a new phone and would like to know if it is possible to re-use this SIM card without buying a new card. I'm prepared to go through a new account activation process.

6 REPLIES 6

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately, used SIM cards are not accepted.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KasingK 

Nope it can’t be done. You can’t reactivate an old card that has been in use over 90 days.

Best place to buy another PM SIM is from Canadian Cell Supplies online or if you are a CCS retail store.

They also have specials on the PM SIM card and plans if you have them activate the SIM for you.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KasingK 

Strangely enough, SIM cards which have become deactivated cannot be reactivated.  A bit of a money grab, but that's the way it is.

Some SIM Cards can be re-used (not so much around here...) after activation while others get “burned” or placed on temporary hold for activation. 

Once you acquire a new SIM card (try Walmart, London Drugs, Public Mobile shop tab on top of page, or canadiancellsupplies.com), make sure before you begin the activation process that you've acquired an existing customer's referral code to save $10 on your 2nd bill.

Welcome (back) to Public Mobile!!!

@KasingK 

Sorry, but SIM cards cannot be reused.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@KasingK wrote:

I have an old Public Mobile SIM card which has been de-activated long ago on my old phone. I'm getting a new phone and would like to know if it is possible to re-use this SIM card without buying a new card. I'm prepared to go through a new account activation process.

@KasingK   Sorry deactivated SIM cards cannot be reused.  You'll need to purchase another SIM and start afresh with a new account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

no 

you have to buy it a brand new SIM card .

I suggest you when you getting a NEW SIM card is better for you,

and go to any Retail store and buy it righ a way,

Where To Buy A SIM

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click here to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

Welcome *back* to Public Mobile 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.