cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a new Public Mobile Account

TKW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is more of a comment than a question by lesson just learned.

If you start a new account and plan on bringing multiple phones to an account each account needs a separate account set up with individual emails. So if you have a family or group of 5 that requires 5 emails. Then if you auto pay you will have 5 separate charges. If the phones are used for a business venture or you require receipts with the GST number you require, all the accounts to then have the same user name on them all. Even though the accounts are paid by the same charge card or person. Then you need the person to create a community account, which is different than the  self serve account. The person requiring the receipt is the one who has to make this account to communicate to the moderator.  This is far as I have got, but it would be nice if the self serve account would let you change original email setup and have a check box for receipt required and maybe a email to be sent to in the future. Also long term future would be nice to include more than 1 phone on an account, my bet is most phones also include a Childs phone which I don't see a separate account as a benefit for privacy reasons. I started with one phone to see how it went, very good I would say. Multiple phones are so far a bit of a pain to set up, not knowing the requirements prior to adding multiples. It would of saved a lot of time for myself and moderators to have a little more info prior to activating the phones. 

8 REPLIES 8

@akhilsatheesan3 wrote:

Am not getting incoming calls in my new sim

@akhilsatheesan3 

More details would be helpful.  Looks like that you just ported your number from another company.  Is texting working?  data?  If porting, how long as it been?

Here is some more details about the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@akhilsatheesan3 wrote:

Are you porting a number to Public Mobile, you need to keep old carrier's sim card and reply YES to the text message. Incoming calls work after porting is done. That could be a few hours later.

akhilsatheesan3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@TKW wrote:

If you start a new account and plan on bringing multiple phones to an account each account needs a separate account set up with individual emails. So if you have a family or group of 5 that requires 5 emails. Then if you auto pay you will have 5 separate charges. If the phones are used for a business venture or you require receipts with the GST number you require, all the accounts to then have the same user name on them all. Even though the accounts are paid by the same charge card or person. Then you need the person to create a community account, which is different than the  self serve account. The person requiring the receipt is the one who has to make this account to communicate to the moderator.  This is far as I have got, but it would be nice if the self serve account would let you change original email setup and have a check box for receipt required and maybe a email to be sent to in the future. Also long term future would be nice to include more than 1 phone on an account, my bet is most phones also include a Childs phone which I don't see a separate account as a benefit for privacy reasons. I started with one phone to see how it went, very good I would say. Multiple phones are so far a bit of a pain to set up, not knowing the requirements prior to adding multiples. It would of saved a lot of time for myself and moderators to have a little more info prior to activating the phones. 

Creating a Community account is optional is not required unless you need to contact customer service.  Also, you don't need a seperate Community accounts for each.

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, I discovered this when activating an account for my child. I did learn a bunch though. And don’t forget to use your own referral code to save a bit more money! 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TKW wrote:

@TKW , you are not the first member/customer who would like this to happen; and I am sure you will not be the last.

Many Community members (including myself) manage more than one account/phone number, so I can see how this would streamline the management of these accounts. 

Yes, it may be a nice to have feature. We will see what the future holds.

For ease of communications you can create alias emails for each account (if you have gmail, outlook, check with your email provider) so that at least there is only ONE inbox to be looking at.

Good Luck and Happy P.Ming!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, @TKW ,  you're correct that with Public Mobile, each service has it's own SIM card, has it's own account number, and has it's own e-mail address (e-mail aliases may be used, as in Gmail aliases, such as emailaddressphone1@gmail,  emailaddressphone2@gmail,  etc.)

If need be, you can change the original e-mail (account username), however that requires Moderator request and it's considered a low-priority request so expect to wait a couple days.

As far as getting "receipts", it's not uncommon for users in the new year to request (again, to the Moderators) a Statement of Account for taxation or other business purposes.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TKW I only have one SIM tied to my account with one email so I am not sure but since you have already activated the first account. Use the referral code so the next family member will get the $10 discount and you will get the $1 off every 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.