cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activating Sim

Hi, I’m trying to activate a new SIM card and port my old number. The form requests I put in my old number, however once I do, it says my number isn’t a Canadian phone number! My old number is a local Canadian phone number. I’m not sure what to do, help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Re: Activating Sim

@Brenda21 are you with Koodo Prepaid service?  If so, this is the step for porting

Those that wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile will continue to complete their activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team to transfer their existing number to Public Mobile.

Transferring or Changing your Phone Number - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Since you are with Koodo, you can for sure port into PM.    

View solution in original post

All Replies
hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Brenda21  Although most number could port into PM, but not all.   Please use this link to check the eligibility: 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

It's a Koodo site, but PM and Koodo are both part of Telus family

If it says it is eligible, then you can 

1. Open a ticket with Mod first to confirm everything will work before you activate

2. or you can take the risk to activate with a new number first, and request porting after

I suggest you go with 1. just in case

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Brenda21 wrote:

Hi, I’m trying to activate a new SIM card and port my old number. The form requests I put in my old number, however once I do, it says my number isn’t a Canadian phone number! My old number is a local Canadian phone number. I’m not sure what to do, help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Hi @Brenda21  are you sure you are entering the number correctly?

If you want to ensure you have a number that is portable to Public Mobile confirm with the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@Brenda21 wrote:

Which carrier is the phone number coming from, and more specifically, which city is the phone number from?  If you go to CNA - CO Code Status (cnac.ca) , only numbers from places that Telus Mobility also offers phone numbers for can be ported to Public Mobile.

Brenda21

The carrier is Koodo, and the area code for the phone number is 226 - Kitchener. I’m not exactly sure how to read that. The first 6 numbers are 226-792 ; this appears available on the chart, if I’m understanding it correctly.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Brenda21 are you with Koodo Prepaid service?  If so, this is the step for porting

Those that wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile will continue to complete their activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team to transfer their existing number to Public Mobile.

Transferring or Changing your Phone Number - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Since you are with Koodo, you can for sure port into PM.    

View solution in original post

@Brenda21 wrote:

The carrier is Koodo, and the area code for the phone number is 226 - Kitchener. I’m not exactly sure how to read that. The first 6 numbers are 226-792 ; this appears available on the chart, if I’m understanding it correctly.

Assuming that the Koodo account is still open, the number is certainly eligible for porting. Koodo and Public Mobile are both Telus brands.

Brenda21

Thank you. I checked with the link and it’s an eligible phone #. I’ve submitted a ticket to the moderator team, however it asked me for details to my PM account…which I don’t have, due to activation being unsuccessful. I’ve just put my Koodo account information for that.

Brenda21

I see. I am with Koodo prepaid. Thank you. I’ll do that.

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brenda21 

Since you are porting from a Telus mid-tier Kodoo, it shouldn't be a problem. 

You need to contact a PM moderator to help you complete your porting by clicking on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator.

You may need to keep the Kodoo SIM in the phone just incase you get a text from Kodoo confirming with a YES that you are porting over.

Need Help? Let's chat.