cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM

Minavdm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I’m trying to activate my SIM card and become a member with public mobile but I am having some troubles activating. Error 821 code occurs when I try activating. I have tried everything such as going into incognito mode, deleting my cash and cookies but nothing has worked. I tried talking to SIMon but he was useless and I tried to create a ticket to talk to a moderator but in order to do that, it asks me for my PM phone number and my last payment with PM, but of course I don’t have any of those because I am not a member yet. I have no idea what to do next or how to fix this issue. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how to fix it? Please let me know because I’m lost:)

10 REPLIES 10

Minavdm

Thank you. My card just may different than others so it wasn’t working for me but thanks so much for your help. Appreciate it. 

PM accepts Visa Debit, too.   Probably it was just a hiccup when you tried it the first time

Voucher from retails is another way you can pay if you are interested.

@Minavdm wrote:

So it turns out that they don’t actually use debit visa which what I was trying to do. I had to get my parents credit card and then it all worked perfectly fine ! 

Public Mobile does accept Visa Debit.  

Minavdm

So it turns out that they don’t actually use debit visa which what I was trying to do. I had to get my parents credit card and then it all worked perfectly fine ! 

@Minavdm  Glad it all works out in the end.

so, in the end, did you have to open a ticket with mod?  or you just wait and try again and it works?

Minavdm

Thanks so much but I figured it out 🙂 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Minavdm wrote:

Hi, I’m trying to activate my SIM card and become a member with public mobile but I am having some troubles activating. Error 821 code occurs when I try activating. I have tried everything such as going into incognito mode, deleting my cash and cookies but nothing has worked. I tried talking to SIMon but he was useless and I tried to create a ticket to talk to a moderator but in order to do that, it asks me for my PM phone number and my last payment with PM, but of course I don’t have any of those because I am not a member yet. I have no idea what to do next or how to fix this issue. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know how to fix it? Please let me know because I’m lost:)

Hello @Minavdm 

If your credit card was charged, insert the Public Mobile SIM card, do a reset of the network settings with the SIM card inserted, and see if you have any services.

IF you have service can you log into your account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

IF your card was not charged close out of all browsers and try the activation process again, OR 

Click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Minavdm  Also, you can use this on Chatbot and it will ask you for your Community credentials instead (the username and password you are using here in this forum)

At chatbot

• type:  Activation
  • click "Activation isn't working"
  • click "Other/Error code 821"
  • click "Contact Us" 
  • Click "Click here to submit a ticket"

You will then brought to another page and will ask you to logon with your Community credentials. Follow the page to finish opening the ticket.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Minavdm  before you try activating again, check your Credit card to confirm PM has not charged you yet.  Sometimes the backend activation was completed and just the front end showing error.

if you are unable to open ticket on Chatbot try messaging directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Make sure you monitor the Community Inbox after messaging the Mod.  Community inbox is where you will get their reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you are a new customer you can do live chat with agent click HERE .

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

Need Help? Let's chat.