Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM issues

jamie_law
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I hope everyone is well. 

I am attempting to activate my SIM card which I bought from Walmart yesturday. 

However, the activation site does not accept my 18 digit number which is at the back of my SIM card because it: 'Doesn't belong to a valid public mobile subscriber.' I have been careful entering in my number, which is correct. 

However, when I try to create an account it asks me for a valid mobile number. Unfortunatly, it isn't acepting my phone number. Thus, I can't create an acccount or register my sim.

Did anyone have a similar problem. If so, how did you fix it? 

Kind regards

Jamie Lawson 

6 REPLIES 6

jamie_law

This did it, 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

@Anonymous, you need to read the OP's post they HAVE a SIM and are just trying to activate it and your post is telling them how to get a SIM?!?!?!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can by Public Mobile Online Activation
@ https://activate.publicmobile.ca

good luck

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This problem is very likely due to self serve portal problems.  Try clearing browser cache, using incognito mode or different browser.  These workarounds are often very effective.

jamie_law

Hi Civic_E

Thank you for the reply. 

Do you know how I can access the Freedom mobile's number pool without activiating my sim or having an existing account?

The reason being is I don't have a valid cell phone number as I have recently become a Perminant Resident and I have a UK number I cannot port. 

The problem is I can't register my sim without being a 'public mobile subscriber' and I can't start an account without having a cell phone number. 

Many thanks, 

Jamie_law

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you trying to port your number or you are getting a new number?

If you are porting a number it must be a Canadian number from one of the existing provider. I don't think you can port VoIP numbers such as TextNow or fongo numbers.

Other option is to choose a number from  Public Mobile's number pool. You can also chose last 4 digits! I would suggest you chose a new number then port to keep things simple

Need Help? Let's chat.