cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM card without Canddian Bank card

MSellar90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I have just arrived in Canada. I am currently in mandatory 14 day quarantine. I attempted to activate one of the SIM cards I bought from Public Mobile while I was still in the UK. Unfortunately, I have been told that I can not activate my SIM card because I don't have a Canadian Bank Card yet. 

Can anybody please offer advice on how to get a phone number so I can get the ball rolling with living here. I will aim to commit to a contract at a later date but for now I need to be able to call the quarantine check in people and would rather not use my UK phone.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @MSellar90 

You can always get TextNow number is free Canadian number with unlimited call and text to Canada and USA, they also offer free calling to uk landlines. Great addition to Publicmobile and great alternative number to have

Some prepaid cards like vanilla (but not my vanilla) still work too.

If you have somebody you trust they could get it for you and just send you the credentials.

You can also add it later and start collecting rewards right after you activate autopay

Welcome to Publicmobile

@MSellar90 

To get started try recharge.com as suggested by @popping  or as @JoyLuck mentioned if you have a friend or colleague that can purchase a voucher for you and give you the pin #. To get yourself going with a banking card you can register online for a koho card (visa/debit). Koho is accepted by and a partner with pm. You will recieve an additional 2% cashback when paying for your pm services.

When signing up simply choose the basic card and "for savings" as this will simplify the application. You can be signed up and your card in the mail and delivered within 5 business days. There are no fees, high interest savings and a minimum 0.5% cashback to start. Signing up with a referral or giving a referral nets you an additional 1% cashback. Check your private messages for a short list of clients from pm that i will forward to you can then private message......

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MSellar90 wrote:

Hello. I have just arrived in Canada. I am currently in mandatory 14 day quarantine. I attempted to activate one of the SIM cards I bought from Public Mobile while I was still in the UK. Unfortunately, I have been told that I can not activate my SIM card because I don't have a Canadian Bank Card yet. 

Can anybody please offer advice on how to get a phone number so I can get the ball rolling with living here. I will aim to commit to a contract at a later date but for now I need to be able to call the quarantine check in people and would rather not use my UK phone.

Many thanks

Welcome to Canada and PM.

You can pay for activation by using topup vouchers.  You can buy the voucher online at recharge.com

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Try recharge.com ?

Can someone pick up a payment voucher for you and give you the pin.

vouchers.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.