cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM - Spinning at Plans

Trevor_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm setting up a new SIM with a new number.

I'm looking at step 1 & 2 checkmarks, but step 3 is still spinning after about 15 minutes.

How long should I expect this process to take?
Thanks

Trevor

22 REPLIES 22

glad it all works out in the end.  It is a  small hiccup .. but once activated,  you shouldn't see too much issue.  Enjoy the service.

Trevor_

Thanks for your help everyone, it’s all sorted out now.

@Trevor_ 

As long as you activated on a $35+ plan you can ask the moderator to apply it. It's easily missed when you have a problematic activation.

Trevor_

Yeah, I get it.

Nothing's perfect.

Hopefully I can apply a promo code still... an additional 2 GB would be nice, but I expect I've missed out.

@Trevor_ wrote:

Thanks for the help.

I've reset my community password and submitted a ticket... so now I just need to wait I guess...

cool.. at least we have some progress  🙂  

Although it said Mod response time could be as much as 48 hours, but it usually is only within an hour or two.

Let us know how it turns out... Sorry for the rough ride in the beginning.. but honest you get past this, it should be a straight road ahead  🙂

Trevor_

I've tried logging into my account with my email address and I get a login failed.

I've tried to reset my account password but it tells me it is an invalid email address.

Trevor_

Thanks for the help.

I've reset my community password and submitted a ticket... so now I just need to wait I guess...

@Trevor_   can you use another browser to try to logon to Community (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/) ? (do not logoff  from current session from your current browser.. but use a different on to try login .. or a different computer)

Also, I was thinking.. for My Account/Self-Serve (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/)  that is a login with your email address.. any chance you got mixed up with My Account/Self-Serve with Community?  They are two different log-ins

And on My Account/Self-Serve, did you try Forgot Password link?  maybe that can reset the password?

Trevor_

I'm at the submit a ticket page but I can't log in with my community login: error logging in

I've verified my community account with the email sent to me.

so, you can make test call but not text or logon to My Account.  Look like you are partially setup.

No worry, help is on the way.  🙂

ok.. i know you can't login to verify you identity to open a ticket.  Do this with the Chat bot

type:  I forgot my Self Serve user name

Click Contact Us

Click "Click her to submit a ticket"

You will then prompted to use your Community username and password  to logon  .. which is   Trevor_ 

Trevor_

Thanks, I've got to the page to submit a ticket, and that is giving me an error logging into to the community account that I'm right now using... oh man...

Trevor_

Thanks for the help.

While my computer was restarting I noticed bars indicating a cell connection so I didn't try a second time.

I've rebooted my phone, and I've made a test call, but I can't send or receive texts or log into my account, but my credit card was billed.

I didn't get a confirmation email, and I didn't get a text from publicmobile besides the ones stating my plan doesn't have texting and I need to log in which I can't do lol...

@Trevor_ 

Your sim card may not have provisioned correctly. If @softech suggestions don't work you should contact the moderators. There may be some work they need to do to make sure your account and sim card were properly activated. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right hand corner of your screen and type incomplete activation and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

@Trevor_  so, you tried a 2nd time and got past the payment page and went all the way to the end?

If so, try powering down the phone and power it up again.  It might just need another one or two reboot

as to unable to logon to My Account.  Did you check your email?  did you get a PM message to click a link to confirm the email address?  BTW, you might see a PM welcome message to confirm activation successful

Trevor_

Lol... now I have bars but I can't make or receive calls and I can't log into my account because publicmobile says my email is invalid... 😞

Trevor_

Thanks for your help, I'll try again in an hour.

@Trevor_ 

Start over if your credit card has not been charged but do this first:

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

Don't forget to add your referral code and if you are activating a plan $35+ add the promocode 2GBBONUS for 2 gb of bonus monthly plan data for as long as you keep the same plan.

There used to be an temporary lock whenever a SIM was tried to be activated.   It will be locked for 50 mins before allowing to reattempt after a fail activation.  This safety feature was supposed to have been removed.  Now sure why you are seeing this.  

I guess wait a full hour and try again and let us know.

Trevor_

I'm trying in another browser and it's telling me the SIM is invalid.

ok... you are safe if you are not at payment yet.  Remember, once you passed Payment, do not re-attempt until you are certain CC is not charged.  This happens a lot ppl thought it didn't work but in fact it was charged.

I would say there is no point  to wait if it has been over 15 mins.  But I might wait a bit before trying again if you are not in a rush.  Just in case there is a system issue

Also, maybe try on another browser (Chrome/Firefox/Edge) or at least clear cache

Trevor_

The page still hasn't made it to step 4 - payment.

The SIM is in my phone and I'm not connected to the network.

I'm not porting a number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Trevor_  You passed the Credit Card info stage?  If so, check to see if PM already got money out of it.  There is a chance that PM already activated your account on the backend and just the web server not responding back properly

If you see credit card charged, then try to put the PM SIM in a phone and see if it works.  At least see if you can make outgoing calls.

Are you requesting to port in your old number as well?

Need Help? Let's chat.