cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Abroad

Boradley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!

I'm switching over from Freedom, my current month with freedom ends on Oct 15th, so I want to switch close to that date as Freedom won't prorate and refund if I cancel early in a month since I'm prepaid.

Problem is, I will be in the UK from tomorrow until the 18th. Looks like the activation for Public can be done all online. Is this right? Will I need to make/ receive any phonecalls or texts from either Public or Freedom to activate and keep my number?

I can activate today, I just don't want to essentially waste the money spent on this last week.

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

@Boradley 

You know @AE_Collector makes a good point. Usually it's often recommended to just switch rather than wait for a promo because you will save on your plan the same amount that waiting for a promo would with a normal carrier. But you are switching from freedom so there will be some savings and much improved coverage.....however it may be worth your while to wait. How much is your current data plan/service and which plan interests you at pm?

Typical holiday promotions from pm include a free month credit and a 5gb data add on bonus. They may also be stackable with an activation bundle from CCS which includes a free sim card and a 10% to 30% discount off the first month. ( You can maximize savings by choosing a larger data plan for the first month and downgrading for the second month.) Read more about that here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/CCS-latest-pm-marketing/m-p/644382#M4535

Assuming there is no reason you cant switch just before November 15 rather than October 15, that’s what I would do. You are inviting things to go wrong with leaving the country tomorrow. AND, the best New Customer deals I have ever seen are around US Black Friday through until about December 31. You may wind up being one of the people here saying “I just signed up with PM a week ago, how can I get this excellent New Customer deal they just launched?”

JMHO

AE_Collector

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

yes, old provider will send a confirmation sms to your old number so you would need to respond to that.

2GBBonus and referral bonuses are extra perks what you can look for while switching to PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boradley : Yeah that's tricky timing. Can you leave both SIM's with someone? You write down the SIM #. Also the Freedom account #. No transcription errors! You leave the Freedom SIM in a phone. Activate wherever you are using the SIM # you wrote down. Through that process you transfer your number using the account # you wrote down. Finish the process. That phone with the Freedom SIM will get the text.

The friend needs to confirm. The friend could keep checking it to see when it doesn't work. When they see it's done they can put in the PM SIM and see if everything works.

You come home. Working service with PM.

Don't leave this until the last day of Freedom service just in case of hiccups.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boradley 

i suggest you get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

and check your device for Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

**If your device is locked with Freedom, before you do porting your number you have to contact Freedom to unlock for you for Free..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boradley 

*important to you know*

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy..

@Boradley wrote:

I'm switching over from Freedom, my current month with freedom ends on Oct 15th, so I want to switch close to that date as Freedom won't prorate and refund if I cancel early in a month since I'm prepaid.

Problem is, I will be in the UK from tomorrow until the 18th. Looks like the activation for Public can be done all online. Is this right? Will I need to make/ receive any phonecalls or texts from either Public or Freedom to activate and keep my number?

I can activate today, I just don't want to essentially waste the money spent on this last week.

To transfer your phone number from Freedom Mobile, you will need to reply to a text message from them using your Freedom Mobile service to approve the phone number transfer.

Yes, the Public Mobile activation can be done entirely online a long as your already have a Public Mobile SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.