cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated sim but no incoming and outgoing call

Biscocho8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a public mobile simcard  with $15 plan atWalmart yesterday. They are the one who activated my card. I can't make a call but I can send txt message.. I hope there's someone who can help me. Thank you

49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Still not working 😭

I think you need a different phone. Your phone barely has the proper frequencies to work here. You might happen to find a tower that has those frequencies but clearly not where you are.

Did you try the SIM in another unlocked, compatible phone? If it works then you would at least know that the service works.

Biscocho8

Still not working 😭

@Anonymous wrote:

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Huawei nova 3i

You said 2i earlier. Which is it?

I looked up the exact model number provided earlier, and the INe-LX2r is in fact a Huawei Nova 3i.

@amberhancock_me wrote:

I also had to go into Access point names (APNs) and add Public Mobile.

Name Public Mobile

MMSC http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/MB/mmsc

MMS proxy 74.49.0.18

MMS port 80

MCC 302

MNC 220

Once I added that, it found the network.

Setting up APN settings do not need to be done to make or receive phone calls.  Those settings are only to make mobile data work. In addition, a compatible phone would still connect to the network even if the APN settings were blank.

@Anonymous  @GinYVR  I was asking about data in case @Biscocho8 needed an update for the voice calling. And I'm out of this thread....all yours.

@Biscocho8  I hope your issues are resolved. Welcome to public mobile.

@GinYVR  Yes I was just noting any info I could share as the OP seemed to be a little in the dark. I am no expert in this area but was just relaying what I could find after asking for tech support from the community. Noted I will not try to confuse in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Huawei nova 3i

Even still...the 3i appears to be similar to the 2i. It might be that there's one 3G and maybe one 4G for both. You would need to be in just the right tower transmission area if that. the phone is less then optimal for this place.

Edit: The APN would be for data. We're trying to get voice going. I don't think it's good for that.

@Biscocho8  https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/telus/huawei-nova-3i

Ok I hope I copied link correctly for apn settings for your phone on telus network.

@darlicious Trade disputes and existence of data won't affect voice calls of the op

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Huawei nova 3i

If it is the nova 3i, it has only one band important for talking 850, missing 1900. That may explain the issue. 

Can can you try the PM Sim card in a Canadian phone?

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Huoawei nova 3i

@Biscocho8  Ill do a little research for you but the techies can probably answer quicker. Do you have data? Can you search for any updates? There are trade dispute issues involving  Huawei  in general affecting it's support. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Huawei nova 3i

Biscocho8

Huawei nova 3i

What's the specific model

Biscocho8

China 

@Biscocho8 wrote:

I bought my phone in the Philippines 

That maybe the issue...where was it made?

Biscocho8

I bought my phone in the Philippines 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Yes... I also have a friend who bought a sim card together with me yesterday at Walmart. And she also experienced now the same way

I think it's your phone.

Did you buy the phone new in Canada? Did it come from Rogers/Fido/Chatr? Did you bring it from some other country?

Biscocho8

Yes... I also have a friend who bought a sim card together with me yesterday at Walmart. And she also experienced now the same way

amberhancock_me

I've read some threads about issues with SIM activated at Wal-Mart, you may need to let the mods know that's where you bought & activated it. Best of luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Yes I also did

Not as easy to find specs on this phone but I'm not sure it'll do voice here. Some places say one thing, others say something else. More seem to tend to not.

Biscocho8

Yes I also did

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Huawei nova 2i

Version 9.1

Model Inelx2r

Can you try the SIM in another slot?

Biscocho8

Thank you so much

Biscocho8

Huawei nova 2i

Version 9.1

Model Inelx2r

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Biscocho8 wrote:

Yes there is 3g band

Please post more about the Huawei. Model and submodel and whatever other specific details about the phone.

Also what Android OS version it is?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Biscocho8  I would message the moderator again and ask for clarification, I don't get that answer either

Biscocho8

Yes I did several times 😔 

JA09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried turning off your phone and restarting? Or try taking the SIM card out and then putting it back in?

Biscocho8

Yes I did. The moderator said that the service issue is not related on my device. I don't get it

Need Help? Let's chat.