cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated not working

Tiny_jk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i activated my phone and two hours later it still wont register on network. My account page says its active and I laid my plan and all that but it's not working.and I made sure all the apn settings were correct

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Tiny_jk wrote:

Hi i activated my phone and two hours later it still wont register on network. My account page says its active and I laid my plan and all that but it's not working.and I made sure all the apn settings were correct

Not connecting is not an APN thing. APN is only for data.  Check and see if network chose is set to automatic. What is phone model?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Tiny_jkCan you elaborate on "won't register on the network" Do you mean the Public Mobile working doesn't appear where your telcom provider usually be? ie it say No service? Or do you mean the wording Public Mobile appears but you can't get any service?

Both 2 things means 2 different things, 1st one could mean your activiation didn't go well and your account had problems getting provisioned. The later could mean you just need to do some configuration.. so more details would be helpful.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Tiny_jk hi does anything work? text or voice what plan are you on?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiny_jk 

More details may be helpful.

Did you activate a new number or port over a number?  

Does your talk or text work?

Which model phone do you have?

Maybe try the SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM Service issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.