cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated new SIM Last night still saying No Service

Logun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activated a SIM last night but this morning there is still no service. It was not a smooth activation - the phone was not unlocked properly when I began and so that was just completed this morning (an hour ago). Due to the phone being locked I think I screwed up the phone number port because in part of troubleshooting last night I did a "Change Phone Number".

Regardless everything should be good now, just No Service?

Phone restart shows SEARCHING but then goes to No Service. Wifi works fine - can send and received texts.

IPhone 6s 

Thoughts?

19 REPLIES 19

@gail709 wrote:

Lucky Mobile????? You are not using a Lucky Mobile SIM are you instead of a Public Mobile SIM???

I'm also curious about this. When doing a manual search for networks with a Public Mobile sim card inserted, it shouldn't say "Lucky Mobile".  It should just say Bell. This is of course unelss the phone was originally sold as a Lucky Mobile phone and something strange has been done to the phone's software. 

@Just2003  who was your previous provider?  Did you port your number?  What's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. 

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lucky Mobile????? You are not using a Lucky Mobile SIM are you instead of a Public Mobile SIM???

Just2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I get into network it says Lucky mobile but on the left top of my phone it states Searching ... this is a week now with no satisfaction 

Logun

I have now connected to iTunes, backed up, restored and still no prompt to "activate" nor seen a prompt that said I was successfully activated - so I'm still getting those error messages:

"iPhone is not Activated Contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur"

Mod did contact me and said SIM was not activated. They have activated it and I've restarted multiple times and pulled and plugged the sim multiple times. Still getting error message.

@Logun  if you completed the unlock as you said. You should connect your iPhone into iTunes as it may have to push the unlock to the phone..plug it into iTunes and you may see it updata something like "success your phone is now unlocked"......this has been the resolution in the past in some cases.

@Logun try this manually select PM as your  network. Enable flight mode . Turn your phone off wait 15 minutes restart  and take off flight mode.

If nothing works, contact a moderator. As I mentioned above. 

@Logun wrote:

Device is not stolen - it's mine. But yes I confirmed last night as well (I was incorrectly thinking it would

@murtaza404 wrote:

Did you check if the phone is not blacklisted? 

this is the website you can check from 

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

telling me if it was still locked)

murtaza404

But you should still get service the phone should say Public Mobile, during ports you can make calls but if someone calls you, it goes to VM

The whole process can take between 20 min to 2 hours

Logun

Device is not stolen - it's mine. But yes I confirmed last night as well (I was incorrectly thinking it would

@murtaza404 wrote:

telling me if it was still locked)

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The port is likely not complete. This is a common issue. Continue to use previous provider's sim until it stops working, at which point the port is now complete. Then, insert PM sim to continue with service.

Logun

To confirm - Carrier says they ported number and then canceled. However as stated I have since Changed Number and so I'm stuck with the new number now.

murtaza404

Logun

Sorry a bit of confusion when I typed it out as many things have happened - here is the order of events:

1) Activate PM Sim, attempt to port number

2) Encounter error, decide to wait to see if it a timming issue

3) 3 hours later still having issues, Old SIM no longer works when put in, New SIM (PM) still asking to be activated

4) Attempt to Change Number (thinking old carrier screwed me and canceled the number) - problem persists

5) Realize phone was not properly unlocked (contrary to what I was told by old carrier)

6) wait for them to open this morning call in and correctly unlock phone

7) We are now here at NO Service.

SIM is recognized, PM is showing up under carrier. I can send and recieve texts while on wifi. Multiple reboots and ejecting and re-inserting the new SIM. Old SIM no longer functions (no number) as it was canceled by the old carrier.

With new SIM in it will say SEARCHING for signal/carrier but then go to NO SERVICE.

There is possibly an iphone issue with iPhone not activated. However I have been into the iphone account, downloaded apps and such, so I'm not sure about that? Should I wipe the phone and start fresh perhaps??

@Logun , if the problem persists contact a moderator . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

pirabaa31

Porting is not sucessfull, then your old provider sim will work. try and see

pirabaa31

Please call your previous provider and confirm porting. 

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go into your settings, connections, mobile networks, network opereators, and see who your carrier is.  If it is not PM try to select it manually.  If it is not listed, then your port did not go through.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Logun what happens when you insert the old carriers SIM? Is you my account and everything else working properly ? 

@Logun wrote:

Activated a SIM last night but this morning there is still no service. It was not a smooth activation - the phone was not unlocked properly when I began and so that was just completed this morning (an hour ago). Due to the phone being locked I think I screwed up the phone number port because in part of troubleshooting last night I did a "Change Phone Number".

Regardless everything should be good now, just No Service?

Phone restart shows SEARCHING but then goes to No Service. Wifi works fine - can send and received texts.

IPhone 6s 

Thoughts?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Two issues here...are you saying you were porting your phone number from another provider and during that time you changed the number through your self serve account??

As for your phone...connect it to iTunes to see if it pushes anything to the phone to finalize the unlock.

Need Help? Let's chat.