Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated my card how long to work?

VanessaLeitao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my SIM card.

"Congratulations Vanessa!

Your SIM card is now active on Canada’s largest Mobile Network", so after I went and inserted my card on my unlocked phone and it still says No SIM.

How long does it take to start working?

79 REPLIES 79

VanessaLeitao

Yea I've done that twice. It would be nice if they replied. I've been waiting since yesterday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

VanessaLeitao

I bought a SIM Card yesterday, did the activation online, but when I inserted the card on my phone it says "No SIM card" I tried everything, on another phone it doesn't work. Sent 2 tickets, no answer.

It sucks because I spent the money and I have no phone, when I needed yesterday that's why I bought yesterday and not next week. 

There is no live chat, and can't call to the *611 because again I have no phone (working).

I don't know what to do.

@VanessaLeitao wrote:

What step did I miss?

I couldn't have missed a required step during the activation procedure. If there was a step missed, you wouldn't have been able to complete the process to begin with.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VanessaLeitao wrote:

Your SIM card is now active on Canada’s largest Mobile Network", so after I went and inserted my card on my unlocked phone and it still says No SIM.

@VanessaLeitao 

While you are waiting for an answer from CSA, try a RESET of your phone's NETWORK SETTINGS.

Also, ensure your phone's software is up to date.

Take the end of an eraser tip and gently clean the contact points on the SIM card, then try reinserting your SIM.

Did you have a chance to check the 4-digits of your SIM to the 4-digits showing on your Self Serve account under the Change Sim Card option?

What if when activated you slightly typoed the #, but it was a valid # nonetheless...I dunno, could happen.

VanessaLeitao

What step did I miss?

@VanessaLeitao 

I agree with you.

This is what happens when you missed an important step in your activation of the SIM.

VanessaLeitao

Thank you for your help.

Will do 😉

@VanessaLeitao   Yes, I hear you.  Probably is an issue with SIM provisioning.  Since you already opened ticket and it is still early in the evening, there is a chance they can get this resolved tonight

Please monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right).  PM will be responding via messaging there.

Let us know how it turns out

VanessaLeitao

Just sent a ticket. 

But super annoying, spent the money, need the phone now, and have to wait until someone fixes this.

Really bad first impression. 

@VanessaLeitao 

Seems that there maybe something wrong with the SIM. 

I would suggest you contact a PM CSAgent (customer service) by clicking on the SImon chat button by typing in create a ticket so an CSAgent can help you with your SIM issue.

@VanessaLeitao wrote:

Tried it, still doesn't work, says No SIM

Contact a CSA. Either a bad sim or account problem.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Hours of operation:

You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply from the CSA.

VanessaLeitao

Tried it, still doesn't work, says No SIM

VanessaLeitao

Will try on another phone to see if it works

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao 

do you can test your SIM card in another device to see is your unlocked your phone,

or maybe is the SIM card issue with networkand you to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,Explain your issue they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao : It's only 4 digits unfortunately but can you check the last 4 digits of the registered SIM in the Change SIM function to the actual card in the phone.

@VanessaLeitao wrote:

I've done that already a few times

Can you try the sim in another unlocked phone?

VanessaLeitao

I've done that already a few times

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@VanessaLeitao wrote:

Reinsert sim and reboot your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.