cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated my account yesterday before the lunar new year deal came out... any way to get that deal?

thereisnoaddres
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I ported from Bell to Public yesterday at around 1PM, and around 6PM the new $5 off for 8 months lunar new year deal came out. Would it be possible for me to get that deal too? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@bux255 wrote:

@Fluidmax wrote:

@elve wrote:

I have a question. I am a regular user, am I eligible to change my plan to new year deal?

If you wish to take advantage of the promo, you will need to port out and port back in (if you wish to keep the same number). otherwise just get a new account.

That's not very customer friendly.  I signed up for Public Moblile last month.  Is there anyway to get the promo on my account without porting out and back in?  I can go to a retailer and port to Lucky and then back to Public at no cost. But I really rather not waste my time / etc

No sorry. It's luck of the draw. Promo started January 20th 2020 and it will likely end very soon.

Calculate the money and if it's worth it for you to port out and port back. 

bux255

@Fluidmax wrote:

@elve wrote:

I have a question. I am a regular user, am I eligible to change my plan to new year deal?

If you wish to take advantage of the promo, you will need to port out and port back in (if you wish to keep the same number). otherwise just get a new account.

That's not very customer friendly.  I signed up for Public Moblile last month.  Is there anyway to get the promo on my account without porting out and back in?  I can go to a retailer and port to Lucky and then back to Public at no cost. But I really rather not waste my time / etc

@Fluidmax not a bad answer, but it is incomplete, porting the number saves it, but it also immediately  closes the existing PM account. The OP would then have to buy a new SIM and open a new account to take advantage of the offer. 

@Fluidmax wrote:

@elve wrote:

If you wish to take advantage of the promo, you will need to port out and port back in.

@elve . Sorry, this applies to new customers only. Existing customers cannot change their existing  accounts over to the Chinese New Year promotion . However if you do the math and it's beneficial for you to make the switch, then abandon your existing account, purchase a new SIM, and create a new account. But remember that by doing this, you will be starting over, losing any loyalty, referral rewards, your present number etc.  So...

@elve wrote:

Fluidmax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@elve wrote:

elve

Fluidmax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend was wondering about the same thing since he ported over yeaterday, good to know PM will honor the promo even for those that ported over earlier in the day.

The new promo is pretty sweet but I still perfer the 1GB and 400 International bonus during December.

thereisnoaddres

Thank you! I just opened and activated my account yesterday and am so excited for the promos. Thanks!

@thereisnoaddres  It's a lucky lunar New Year for you. You had some good timing. Welcome to public mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@thereisnoaddres, was the account activated yesterday also?  If so, you are eligible for the promotion.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@thereisnoaddres wrote:

Hi there, I ported from Bell to Public yesterday at around 1PM, and around 6PM the new $5 off for 8 months lunar new year deal came out. Would it be possible for me to get that deal too? Thanks!

You're already eligible for the deal if you opened a new account.

Heres how it works:

You pay full price upon activation ($15 or $25 + taxes).

Your 1st renewal will be discounted:
+ $5 promotion discount
+ $10 referral credit if you used a referral code
+ $2 off if you registered your card for AutoPay

Discounts for renewals 2 thru 8:
+ $5 promotion discount

Discounts for subsequent renewals:

Also any surplus credits earned will remain on your account (for future use).

Edit: PM promo announcement states that credits will be applied for months 2-9.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's for all customers that activated yesterday and it takes 30 days for the credit to be applied your account..see terms below.

Here’s what else you should know:

• All customers that activated on January 20th will receive this promotion
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion
Need Help? Let's chat.