cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service

@88cranston  do I want to download to be compatible with my tablet (Samsung s2) or his iPhone 4s?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service

@88cranston  So got Rogers support but can't give unlocking code but is sending iTunes info for connecting to internet in email. Thought they should work for their money for one more day of service til we port number tomorrow. Will unlock tomorrow and go to apple dealer...they sell pm SIM cards! 3 min from my house. Figure out the iTunes thing and get back to you if we need some more help....im sure we will. He doesn't even text....

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service


@darlicious wrote:

@88cranston  So got Rogers support but can't give unlocking code but is sending iTunes info for connecting to internet in email. 


@darlicious 

Once again, there is no such thing as a network unlocking code for an iPhone device. The carrier needs to sumbit a request to Apple for them unlock it at their end, but at no time, is there a code that they can give you.

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service


@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 @Dunkman  Ok so the phone will not connect to the internet so we can go to an apple store to get it connected to iTunes. But is this preventing us from connecting to pm for phone and texting? SIM card is active and working on my flip phone with text and calling. Data also working. 


It's not your phone being unable to connect to the internet that is causing the inability for calls or text. You must activate the device first.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service

@computergeek541  Gee to think I've been on a crash course of technology......the Mac world is a completely different planet. Doesn't help that the actual user of the phone knows less than me. Literally just used as a phone. So probably hasn't been updated in at least 2 years maybe more. So I understand the basics here...i think. IPhone needs to "update" thru iTunes. Will have fido unlock it thru apple( no codes for iphones). Then go to apple dealer to connect to iTunes ( 3 min away) to update ? Iphone to accept new network (pm?) Settings to enable it to call, text and use data. I hope I've got the basic understanding of how IPhones work. Will check in...im sure there is more to figure out. Pm SIM activation worked like a charm...pretty instant everything working, got text, email, self serve account all up and working calls in and out...all on my flip phone til we get iPhone up and ready to accept new SIM. Weird...smoothest activation yet just not a willing phone.

 

Thanks everyone so far you have been awesome...really needed your help on this one and will again tomorrow...cant tag y'all for fear of losing post.....thx thx thx

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service


@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 @Dunkman  Ok so the phone will not connect to the internet so we can go to an apple store to get it connected to iTunes. But is this preventing us from connecting to pm for phone and texting? SIM card is active and working on my flip phone with text and calling. Data also working. 


It's not your phone being unable to connect to the internet that is causing the inability for calls or text. You must activate the device first using iTunes.  That cannot be done using from an iPhone 4s device itself. It needs to be connected by USB to a computer.


Actually it should activate without connecting to iTunes on laptop as long as there’s connection to apple server, unless the IPhone is locked and the SIM inserted is foreign (other networks).

@darlicious , hope you got my private message as my replies ain’t showing until now.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service

@sulagok  Yes thank you got the pm. Will update tomorrow after visit to apple dealer.

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service


@sulagok wrote:

Actually it should activate without connecting to iTunes on laptop as long as there’s connection to apple server, unless the IPhone is locked and the SIM inserted is foreign (other networks).

@darlicious , hope you got my private message as my replies ain’t showing until now.


You're right that I was confusing this iPhone 4s with an iPhone 4 that never went past iOS 4.2.5.

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service

Reading ALL four pages of this, just connect the phone to a Windows or macOS computer with iTunes.  This is not rocket science.

 

I should stay away more from the community, so much garbage here lately.

Re: Activated iPhone how to get service


@stonechucker wrote:

Reading ALL four pages of this, just connect the phone to a Windows or macOS computer with iTunes.  This is not rocket science.

 

I should stay away more from the community, so much garbage here lately.


While I was mistaken when I said that there's no on-decvice activation on iPhone 4s, I would still say iTunes is the way to go as it requires really no setting changes. It's a simple as plugging it in and checking for a sucessful activation or carrier not supported message.