cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated but no service

byrd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Activated my phone yesterday afternoon and ported my number from Fido. My Fido account was closed when I ported the number, but it'd been about 18 hours and I still have no service with Public Mobile. It seems like I may need help from a moderator with this...can anyone help? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@byrd wrote:

I can’t access data or talk/text.

Fido is claiming that the number has been released, atm I have no service with either provider and Fido has no record of my number.

Is your Fido number showing on your [Plan and Add-Ons]?

If yes, PM have your number.  Wait for moderator to work on your port.

If no, it will be difficult to get your number as PM did you have your number.

Is your Fido account was active before porting your number?

If you cancel your Fido number before porting, you need to call Fido to get it back on your account and in the active status before porting again.

byrd

I can’t access data or talk/text.

Fido is claiming that the number has been released, atm I have no service with either provider and Fido has no record of my number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@byrd wrote:

I just talked to Fido, they said that once I port the number the account automatically closes, that is what happened which I didn't expect. I'll submit a ticket, thanks 

Can you call out or send text message or use data?

If none of the above, wait for moderator to help you on your port.

FYI.  Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

byrd

I just talked to Fido, they said that once I port the number the account automatically closes, that is what happened which I didn't expect. I'll submit a ticket, thanks 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@byrdDid you have any problems before your port the number over? It sounds like you have a provisioning issue and only the moderators can fix that. Click on the ? on the lower right hand corner and chat with SIMon, once you think he have an inkling of your issue, type submit ticket and a prefilled support ticket will be generated for the moderators.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your Fido needs to remain active during the porting process.  Have you contacted Fido about keeping it open ?  If you need further assistance then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.