cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated but no service network

Enaguit1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been 3 days I have no service network. I tried everything that I saw the comments here in the community chat, still Public Mobile is not working. My account was already activated when I checked it. I tried to put my sim card from Telus back in my phone, and it worked again. Added to that, I got a text message that my Public Mobile has been activated using my Telus sim card? What is going on?

13 REPLIES 13

Enaguit1

I just message Simon and sent ticket. I got a reply that I need to wait 48hrs and they will going to call me. I was surprised when I put my PM sim card back this morning, I already have signal. At first, I had a problem for incoming calls, but outgoing was fine. So tried the airplane mode thing, it did worked. Put on airplane mode, turn it off your phone, wait 5 mins and turn on the phone. Ask somebody to call you.

Enaguit1

Yes! I keep my old number and it's still active when I switched to Public Mobile. I just followed your instruction to message Simon and sent a ticket to moderators? I was just surprised this morning that my phone had no signal while I was using my sim card from Telus. I put my Public Mobile sim card again, and I can see the PM on my upper left phone already. I asked my co worker to phone me, but it said the number was unavailable. When I called her, it did worked. So I tried to put on airplane mode and then I turned it off. After 5 mins I turned it on my phone, my co worker phoned me again. Finally problem solve.

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Three more things to try, restart your phone, see if that helps. try the sim in another phone to see if the sim is active, if it is, reset your network settings on the phone that dont' work, third thing restore the other phone to new and let it get set up and find the proper network settings, hope these help

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

did you keep your old number? if so was the old number active and working when you ported it over? it needs to be, if not things like this happens, I have seen it get fixed by loggin in and changing your number. Hope this helps

Hi @Enaguit1 

Could you please share with us what did the trick, so the next person with the same issues knows what to do

Thank you:)

Enaguit1

Thank you! My phone is working now

Enaguit1

Thank you! My phone is working now. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Enaguit1 wrote:

It's been 3 days I have no service network. I tried everything that I saw the comments here in the community chat, still Public Mobile is not working. My account was already activated when I checked it. I tried to put my sim card from Telus back in my phone, and it worked again. Added to that, I got a text message that my Public Mobile has been activated using my Telus sim card? What is going on?

@Enaguit1 you can contact moderators : click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Enaguit1 

1.  Since you are using your phone with Telus, there may be issue with your PM account activation.

Login to your self-serve account to check your account status,

If your account status is active, is the "Public Mobile" showing on the notification bar?

If no, restart your phone with PM SIM card inserted.

If your phone still not showing "Public Mobile" on the noticifiation bar, create a support ticket for help.

2.  Your Telus SIM card is still working means that Telus has not released your phone number to PM yet.  You have waited long enough for Telus to release your number.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Enaguit1 try inserting the SIM and restarting the phone. What is the make and model of your phone?  Can you call/send messages on your PM SIM sim, and receive calls and texts on your Telus SIM?  If this is the case, its a stuck port. If it isnt, I suspect an incorrectly provisioned SIM. 

Either way contact the moderators and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.   (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Enaguit1 wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Enaguit1 

While you are waiting for moderators

Try restarting phone with pm sim inside.

Try selecting pm manually

Try network reset

Welcome to pm

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Enaguit1 , your online account shows active but the service is not working.  I assume you also submitted a number port from Telus.  Even if the number port failed, that should not affect things like data.  A network connection is not affected by a number port provided the activation process completed.  Can you try using the SIM card in a different phone?  Also, are you rebooting the phone when doing the SIM swap?  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below

Click Me 

Need Help? Let's chat.