cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated but given an existing number of someone else. What to do?

Barazzuolio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to port my old number but it failed and I was given a number similar to the one requested but already used by someone else. Now he recieves my calls and texts while we both have the same number. 

Do the Mobile staff respond on this page or is it just members like me?

3 REPLIES 3

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Barazzuolio wrote:

I attempted to port my old number but it failed and I was given a number similar to the one requested but already used by someone else. Now he recieves my calls and texts while we both have the same number. 

Are you able to change your number via the self serve account? Log in to your account,
click on Plan and Add-Ons, click on Change Phone Number.

@Barazzuolio wrote:

They don't usually respond to forum messages.  The solution to change your number but I do not know if it will let you after the changes that you've already made. See it your self serve account allows you to change numbers.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@BarazzuolioYou would need to create a ticket via SIMon by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner.. most of the time and people here are just general subscriber of Public Mobile's service

Need Help? Let's chat.