cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated SIM card online through computer before inserting it into phone and now can't unlock SIM

Babs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased my PM SIM card just before the expiry on the $10 discount was expiring so was in a rush to register my account.  I decided to activate the SIM online through my computer instead of trying to figure how to insert it in my phone.  The SIM activated but when I later inserted it into my phone I was not able to unlock the SIM with the code I had gotten earlier from my previous carrier (Virgin Mobile).  To top it all off, I transferred my phone number upon registering with PM and now my account with Virgin no longer exists even though I still had 4 days left with them.  What do I do now?  

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Babs wrote:

I purchased my PM SIM card just before the expiry on the $10 discount was expiring so was in a rush to register my account.  I decided to activate the SIM online through my computer instead of trying to figure how to insert it in my phone.  The SIM activated but when I later inserted it into my phone I was not able to unlock the SIM with the code I had gotten earlier from my previous carrier (Virgin Mobile). 

@Babs  That sounds like the unlock code that you got from Virgin is not valid. If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat

To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Otherwise you need to call Virgin again and ask for a new code.

To top it all off, I transferred my phone number upon registering with PM and now my account with Virgin no longer exists even though I still had 4 days left with them.  What do I do now?  

That means that the port was completed so as soon as you get your phone unloced it should start working right away.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@cellphoneuser1 is right. Vigin will, and for that matter, must unlock the phone.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Babs wrote:

I purchased my PM SIM card just before the expiry on the $10 discount was expiring so was in a rush to register my account.  I decided to activate the SIM online through my computer instead of trying to figure how to insert it in my phone.  The SIM activated but when I later inserted it into my phone I was not able to unlock the SIM with the code I had gotten earlier from my previous carrier (Virgin Mobile).  To top it all off, I transferred my phone number upon registering with PM and now my account with Virgin no longer exists even though I still had 4 days left with them.  What do I do now?  

You have to contact Virgin to get it unlocked. Public Mobile can't unlock phones from Virgin. They should still do it. You can buy unlock codes on ebay.

Need Help? Let's chat.