cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated SIM, but no service and no account

goddamnreptiles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone!

There was an error in the final step in activating my SIM card. I clicked submit for the payment, but then it said there was an error and I needed to try again.

Here's the current situation + everything I tried:

• When I tried to go through the process again, it kept saying the SIM card is invalid, no matter how long I waited
  • The payment already went through on my credit card
  • Can't sign into my account with the email and password I provided (says "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."
  • Can't create a new account with the phone number I chose ("The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already")
  • Can't go through forgot password ("Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.")

When I insert the SIM into my phone:

• I can select the PM network and it shows the new phone number I chose
  • It says the service status is "in service" but the mobile network state it "disconnected"
  • When I try to make calls/send texts the PM automated voice says that my current plan doesn't include SMS/talk

TL;DR I feel like I've tried everything. It's a strange situation where my payment went through and my new phone number is now attached to the SIM, but there's still no service + I can't access my account.

What can I do to make this work? 

Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8

goddamnreptiles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, thank you so so much for the replies! It's amazing how quickly I got these answers. I am now in touch with the mods.

@goddamnreptiles  Sounds like it's all mods all the way. Just wanted to say  LOVE THE USERNAME!!!

sherylgallant
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried restarting your phone? I had the same problem until I restarted it, a suggestions from someone on this forum at that time. 

@Luddite wrote:

@geopublic @totalUser Alan has said this link will not expire: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Not perfect, but a big step closer to submitting a ticket than starting with "?". Robot Happy

Thanks for pointing it out @Luddite 
Oh that is so much better, every time I say question mark I can imagine one above my own head the very first time I've read it

@Luddite  Noted and thanks!

@geopublic @totalUser Alan has said this link will not expire: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Not perfect, but a big step closer to submitting a ticket than starting with "?". Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@goddamnreptiles  Your plan has been partially activated so you will need a moderator to fix it for you. Best to submit a ticket asap.psf (1).JPG

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Contract Moderators please

You can do it by clicking question mark

Include your message with more detailed info, like email and number you chose as well as sim card number

@goddamnreptiles wrote:

Hello everyone!

There was an error in the final step in activating my SIM card. I clicked submit for the payment, but then it said there was an error and I needed to try again.

Here's the current situation + everything I tried:

• When I tried to go through the process again, it kept saying the SIM card is invalid, no matter how long I waited
  • The payment already went through on my credit card
  • Can't sign into my account with the email and password I provided (says "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."
  • Can't create a new account with the phone number I chose ("The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already")
  • Can't go through forgot password ("Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.")

When I insert the SIM into my phone:

• I can select the PM network and it shows the new phone number I chose
  • It says the service status is "in service" but the mobile network state it "disconnected"
  • When I try to make calls/send texts the PM automated voice says that my current plan doesn't include SMS/talk

TL;DR I feel like I've tried everything. It's a strange situation where my payment went through and my new phone number is now attached to the SIM, but there's still no service + I can't access my account.

What can I do to make this work? 

Thanks!!

Need Help? Let's chat.