cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate sim card

Uttampreet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, So I wanna order a SIM card online and was wondering once it arrives can I wait and activate whenever I want or is that not possible since I have a month left before I get charged from freedom mobile.

4 REPLIES 4

@KMG wrote:

Freedom Mobile is postpaid (as opposed to prepaid), so you don't necessarily need to wait until your next bill date.

If you leave Freedom Mobile "early" and port over to Public Mobile, you would receive a refund from Freedom Mobile for the unused/remaining time in your plan.

Freedom has both prepaid and postpaid accounts.  So, it is not a sure thing that OP has a postpaid account.  Even so, have you ever obtained a refund from Freedom?  Pack a lot of  patience because when the cheque finally arrives in the mail, you will have probably forgotten why they sent you the cheque.  To their credit refunds do get issued for post paid accounts.  Long story short, it might be best to just burn off the paid time not leaving it to the last minute just in case a port is delayed or glitches. 

@KMG wrote:

Freedom Mobile is postpaid (as opposed to prepaid), so you don't necessarily need to wait until your next bill date.

If you leave Freedom Mobile "early" and port over to Public Mobile, you would receive a refund from Freedom Mobile for the unused/remaining time in your plan.

Your statement is true if the customer is on a Freedom Mobile postpaid plan.  However, Freedom Mobile has always also offered prepaid plans as well.  If a Freedom Mobile prepaid/pay before customer ports over, there are no refunds regardless of when the port request is made.  Anything paid for one of these pay-your-way or pay before plans would be lost.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Uttampreet!

You can activate the sim card whenever you want.  Its delivered to you inactive.  

I have held sim cards for more than a year before using them.  

Need Help? Let's chat.