cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate on a specific day

Masarusan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to port an existing number from another provider but don't want to waste remaining days on my current subscription. How do I i activate public Mobile number on a specific day?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Masarusan

With the moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours, I will not leave it to close to the end of current cycle because your number must be active to be ported.  I will leave at least 7 days or longer before your current cycle ends.

Don't initiate the number porting during activation.  People were reported with porting problem.  Get a PM number during activation.  Test the PM service before porting your number to PM.

A328
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is no portion to activate on specific date for new account.  Recommending to port your number at least two-three days before your billing cycle to avoid paying the old service provider if there is any hiccups with porting.  Also if you are not having prepaid service with other service provider, most issue refunds if you request. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Masarusan, on top of what @Dunkgirl mentioned, if your plan with your previous provider was post paid(not pre-paid), then they would give you a credit/refund for any portion of your month that was paid for but not used.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Masarusan wrote:

I want to port an existing number from another provider but don't want to waste remaining days on my current subscription. How do I i activate public Mobile number on a specific day?

Thanks

@MasarusanA soon as you put the port request in, the process will start. A soon as the port request is complete your old provider will close the account. You do not want to cancel the existing number, the number has to be active on a good standing account.

Whatever day you want to activate a public mobile account, do it on that day. Depending on what type of number you are porting from it can take a couple days (landline) but usually for cell phones its done within 24 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.