cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate and port number later?

hippyhay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello PM Community! 

I am looking to switch to PM but due to the issues some members are having, I was wondering if I can activate a new account, get a new number and if I decide that everything seems to be work correctly I'll port over my number in a couple days or week. 

Is this possible? 

3 REPLIES 3

bros3n
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I activated my sim card at a kiosk, used the phone for a few days (just to try out the service etc), then ported my old Telus number over in about 5 minutes. most painless move I have ever made. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@hippyhay  a écrit :

Hello PM Community! 

I am looking to switch to PM but due to the issues some members are having, I was wondering if I can activate a new account, get a new number and if I decide that everything seems to be work correctly I'll port over my number in a couple days or week. 

Is this possible? 

Good idea to do your activation this way! But keep in mind that you need that your account with your actual company need to be active or you will not be able to transfer your number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hippyhay wrote:

Hello PM Community! 

Is this possible? 

Absolutely.

Recently there was a promo for porting over that I believe had to be done at activation but it's gone. Other than that it has often been suggested as the preferred strategy. Although many people have had no problems with porting at activation too.

Make sure the phone is compatible and unlocked. willmyphonework.net seems to be the go-to for compatibility. Although not all phones are listed.

Need Help? Let's chat.