cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate SIM card and port phone number

lwd6744
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to activate the new SIM card and also want to port my old phone number to the new sim card. My question is during activation process it ask to choose new phone number, is it ok to choose a new phone number then later port my old phone number over to override the phone number that assigned to the sim card during the activation process?

4 REPLIES 4

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@lwd6744 

That is actually the best way of doing it, you can test the service out before deciding if you want to port.

If you are happy with everything you just contact moderators when you are ready and they will let you know what kind of info they need to start the transfer

Don't forget to use your friend's referral code during the signup

Welcome to Publicmobile

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@lwd6744 wrote:

I want to activate the new SIM card and also want to port my old phone number to the new sim card. My question is during activation process it ask to choose new phone number, is it ok to choose a new phone number then later port my old phone number over to override the phone number that assigned to the sim card during the activation process?

Easiest way to activate is to use the online chat activation service.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lwd6744 wrote:

Yes.  You can port your old number to PM later.

I prefer this approach so that I can test the service before I port my old number to any new provider.  I don't want to port my number unnecessarily.  It is my way to kick the tire first if you will.

Need Help? Let's chat.