cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account

Rob6116
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why at Walmart do you have  to activate a new plan for a sim card then you can't transfer your  number to  the new plan frustrated and  waisted money just at Walmart so far 

17 REPLIES 17

@Rob6116 

I can't disagree there....but RCSS does price match and has the pc optimum program which if you run across any posts in the lounge you will see how I earn an awful lot of free groceries and other stuff.....25,000 points back on a $50 spend at TMS atm.

Rob6116

Have to agree  but I've got  a5 year old and  can't beat some of the prices 

@Rob6116 

Lol....I hate walmart. I only go there to pick up my free scratch and reveal photos.😃

@Rob6116 wrote:

I'm in  medicine hat Alberta 

Try London Drugs.  3201 13 Ave SE Suite 104, Medicine Hat, AB T1B 1E2

Rob6116

Walmart is open till 11:00 pm

@Rob6116 

London Drugs is open til 9pm.

Screenshot_20210605-125923.png

Rob6116

I agre London drugs is my top pick if I have a choice 

@Rob6116 

London Drugs is my go to....they also sell vouchers from $10 to $100. They are immediately valid upon purchase and qualify for their LD Extras loyalty program. For every 10 x $10 purchase on seperate days earns you a $5 "coupon" that can be used towards your next purchase including pm vouchers. You also get a $5 coupon on your birthday along with extended returns and other benefits.

Rob6116

Look at the hours you beating a dead horse 

Rob6116

The best  solution to this problem is not to go to Walmart and buy a sim I had no choice but to because all other stores were closed and only Walmart was open it's a money grab  for sure Walmart might have lower prices but they know how to get ahold of your money 

@Rob6116 

Here's the list for Medecine Hat. I don't recommend koodo so I left them off the list.

Screenshot_20210605-125021.png

Rob6116

I'm in  medicine hat Alberta 

@BKNS27 

I think the problem here is the OP needed to perform a sim swap in their current pm account.

Edit:

@BlueB  Above applies to your post too....you can't transfer numbers between pm accounts

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rob6116 

Try going to London Drugs for the PM SIM card. Walmart and some Superstore Mobile Shop (Loblaw) require you to purchase a plan from them to activate a PM SIM.

Canadian Cell Supplies is one of the best place to purchase online a PM SIM at a discounted price and plans.

Did you get them to activate the SIM? 
You will need to get porting your process started by contacting a moderator by clicking on the SIMon Chat button and ask for to contact a moderator to create a ticket to help with porting your old number.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rob6116 

Walmart is known to be sneaky to benefit in getting some more $$$ when they activate for you.  At the end of the day, it's their decision how they want to run their business.

If something went wrong with the activation, they didn't apply the correct referral code, or anything else, contact a Moderator (staff) for help via the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) or you can message them directly here.

You *can* transfer your number to a new plan, and if this wasn't done - you can still do this at any point later on through My Account on the website.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience... there are a lot of other vendors/stores/dealers out there who are very reputable and helpful.  Let us know what other troubles you have and we can see if there's a solution for you!  🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rob6116 

What exactly happened?  Did you activate a new plan with a new number?  More details would be helpful.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rob6116 

Walmart is notorious for not selling unactivated sim cards. If you told them you only needed a new unactivated sim card and the the salesperson insisted you had to activate you maybe able to ask for a refund however opening a ticket with the moderators and explaining the issue they may be willing to cancel the new account and apply a credit of the plan amount to your current account. Did walmart give you a free sim card when they insisted upon activation? You could get a refund on the sim card if they charged you for it.

Where are you located? We could advise on other local retailers that sell just sim cards such as TMS at RCSS and some loblaws locations.

Need Help? Let's chat.