cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account was activated but not the SIM

lbowers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I went through activation process and then got an error.  When i tried t start activation again it wouldn't let me us my email.  Its because my account is set up but i didnt get a SIM activaiton confirmation email. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

lbowers

Hello,

A moderator got involved and had to put in a tech support ticket. They told me that it was my old provide Telus that needed to help resolve the cancellation issue on their end. Also I had another phone on my account and when I switch that phone over things started to happen as well. So in the end there were a few things happening all together that caused the issue. Also when the activation timed out I didn’t start re activation again I logged into my account and that caused the activation to stall as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbowers wrote:
solution found, thanks everyone 

Soooo...what got it going?

Inquiring minds want to know.

lbowers
solution found, thanks everyone 

lbowers

I’ve private messaged them, thanks

If your old SIM Card is working, that means that the port is not complete or potentially stuck.  When did you port over your number?  If it was a mobile line, it should have been ported within 3 hours.  Landlines and VOIP can take a few days to port over.  

If you have a stuck port, you might need to contact moderator to complete port, but expect 2-3 days wait unforutnately. 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

You can still use your old SIM until the port is completed by moderator.  

lbowers

My old SIM is working so not sure if this means anything.

@lbowers

Do you have another phone lying around?  You can try to insert your PM SIM into another phone.  This will help distinguish between a hardware versus Public Mobile service issue.....  

lbowers

Didn't work 😞

In your self service account.....  In the Plan and Add-ons Section

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbowers wrote:

where do you report lost and stolen on account?

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

lbowers

where do you report lost and stolen on account?

@lbowers

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:

1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.

2.  Manually add $1 into your balance.  

These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

lbowers

the last four digits of the SIM match. what is the lost/stole tick you are talking about?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbowers wrote:

The change SIM feature only shows the last 4 digits of the SIM that it thinks you have. Do those 4 digits match the number on your SIM?

I think it should show all the numbers but there it is.

The more money option would be to get another SIM and do the change SIM.

Maybe the lost/stolen trick would work.

lbowers

@CS_Agent  please help

lbowers

how quickly do these issues get resolved. 

lbowers

also old SIM card not working....

lbowers

says active....reseting my phone didnt help.

lbowers

account status: active.

i am wiping my i phone to see if that helps. i was with telus.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lbowers wrote:

Hello,

I went through activation process and then got an error.  When i tried t start activation again it wouldn't let me us my email.  Its because my account is set up but i didnt get a SIM activaiton confirmation email. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you

Did you activate online?

If yes, your self-serve account was already created.

Login to your account.

What is your account status on the overview page?

Need Help? Let's chat.