cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account setup and cell number port error

mooresix
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help,  if anyone has a suggestion then please let me know.   Here is the story.  I went to London Drugs in Langley BC to transfer my number to Publicmobile.  During the setup, the publicmobile system crashed and the account was not created.  The London Drugs employee tried a second time and are sim was invalid.  So we started again and this time,  the computer indicated that my cell number was unavailable for tramsfer and I was advised to get hold of TELUS to find out why.  

I finally got through though to TELUS about my cell number only to find out that it had been ported out some 15 minutes earlier and about 18 hours after the computer crash.  I now have no cell service with my old number.  I sent a message 24 hours ago with no response.  Is there a way to elevate an issue with the company or do I just wait until some finally gets hold of me?

4 REPLIES 4

@mooresix wrote:

I sent a private message to the moderator,  how do you sent a direct message or are we talking about the same thing?

If you sent the message here: message to moderators you have done what is necessary. 

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This pushes you further back in the queue as the system takes into consideration your most recent message.

Couple of suggestions:

a) reboot your phone

b) if able to login to your account see if Status is Active; Suspend service for a few minutes then turn back ON. This will sometimes reset the account. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/suspend-service/

c) try the lost password function to regain control of the account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

Sometimes when the system crashes, an account may in fact be created but not provisioned properly.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@mooresix

Best that you wait for a response to your private message, as they will ask for your personal information to look into this issue.

Response times can vary from 48 hours or more.

mooresix
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent a private message to the moderator,  how do you sent a direct message or are we talking about the same thing?

geniusowl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can send a direct message to moderators here, and they will escalate your issue.

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.