cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account set up

jenncormier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help finishing set up. The pin I had entered was wrong to port my old Bell number. I received a call and the lady on the phone told me I either needed my old account number or my IMEI from the phone I had the account with. I found the IMEI but I don’t know what I’m suppose to do with it. She told me once I found it, ask on the community page 

8 REPLIES 8

@jenncormier 

It is most important to have your account # from your bell account. I suppose it can be done with the IMEI of your phone but i dont know if it's going to work with your old phones IMEI. You don't have access to your bell account? Even an old bill with the account #? You can't call bell customer service to get it?

@jenncormier wrote:

“Post request”? Or “Port request”

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue port request

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

jenncormier

Thank you 😊 

jenncormier

I haven’t taken a temp number. My old bell account is still active. I just don’t have any of that account info. But I did find a charger to turn on my old phone to find the imei

@jenncormier OOOPS! Definitely PORT lol. Post edited. Thanks

jenncormier

“Post request”? Or “Port request”

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@jenncormier wrote:

I need help finishing set up. The pin I had entered was wrong to port my old Bell number. I received a call and the lady on the phone told me I either needed my old account number or my IMEI from the phone I had the account with. I found the IMEI but I don’t know what I’m suppose to do with it. She told me once I found it, ask on the community page 

@jenncormier hi in order to port your old bell number your account must still be open are you trying to do this during sign up or have you already taken a temp number with Public?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jenncormier I am assuming you will need to restart the porting process. Contact the moderators and use "Port Request" as a subject. They can guide you through the process. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.