cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account renewal

Unknownnnn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible for me to deactivate my account before the next renewal date, and then activate it again at a later time. I need answers quick. Next renewal date is the 4th!! 
Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

Sherif_Sheko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think you can

@mimmo 

All 89 days as I have never pushed the reactivation into the 90th day.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious does the voicemail work for all 90 days or just untill the plan renewal date?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Unknownnnn 

I would suggest you put a reminder on your phone to reactive your account after 88-89 days so your account is not closed. Or you will need to get a new PM SIM and active a new account.

@Unknownnnn 

I recommend you suspend your service via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on the 3rd. This will keep your voicemail active that you can call from another phone by dialing your number then once it connects press "*" and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin #. When you are ready to reactivate your service (no later than day 89) resume your service via lost/stolen. Then top up your balance manually by choosing "other" amount and adding enough funds to cover your plan amount. Your service should automatically renew if not then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen to force the system to take your payment and renew your plan.

Using this method does cause your rewards to not apply at renewal so after reactivating your account contact customer support to have a CSA apply your rewards manually to your account balance.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Unknownnnn wrote:

Is it possible for me to deactivate my account before the next renewal date, and then activate it again at a later time. I need answers quick. Next renewal date is the 4th!! 
Thank you! 

Disable autopay if you have that.When you don't have enough to renew in your account, account will be suspended. Don't let it stay suspended for 90 days or account will be closed.  Pay for your plan before 90 days to start the plan again.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Unknownnnn wrote:

Thank you! 

You do not have to deactivate your account. You have 90 days from your renewal date to make a payment before it is closed. It is advisable to pay on the 85th day in case there are problems with your payment or account. This will give you time to sort things out. Remove autopay so your plan does not automatically renew on the next renewal date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reactivate-a-suspended-plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.

Need Help? Let's chat.