cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not activated

AmberJean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to set up an account for my husband, got all the way to the Payment screen.  The payment was processed, went to go to the summary screen and I got kicked out and a 404Error message appeared.  I thought maybe it didn't register, so I tried to set it again and when I put the SIM card number in, it says it's invalid.  My payment came off of my card but now I can't get in?  I need to speak to a human please.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AmberJean  Insert the sim in the device, does it connect to the PM network? If yes, dial 611 is your account active? If yes, then try to access the selfserve account. If you can't or the account is not active submit a ticket to Public Mobile for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@AmberJean wrote:

I tried to set up an account for my husband, got all the way to the Payment screen.  The payment was processed, went to go to the summary screen and I got kicked out and a 404Error message appeared.  I thought maybe it didn't register, so I tried to set it again and when I put the SIM card number in, it says it's invalid.  My payment came off of my card but now I can't get in?  I need to speak to a human please.

Hi @AmberJean since your credit card had been charged, your self-serve account could already been created.  As already mentioned above, check your email.  If activation is completed, your will receive a Welcome email from Public Mobile titled "Your Public Mobile Activation Details."   Did you get this email?  If yes, Welcome to Public Mobile!

Please note:

• If you run into activation issues and have to start over, you may see an error message telling you that your SIM is reserved by another session. Close all open browsers and try again in 40-50 minutes.

Cheers!

@Helpershelper wrote:

@AmberJean 

I can understand your frustration with this. Have a look at your email to see if an account was created. If not try restarting your computer and try to create the account again.  

Just to let you know, once a charge has been made, it is no longer possible to redo the activation from the beginning.  The account creation is stuck somewhere in the middle, with service working in some case and not in others.  In any event, the moderator team is needed to complete the process.  

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AmberJean 

I can understand your frustration with this. Have a look at your email to see if an account was created. If not try restarting your computer and try to create the account again.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@AmberJean 

Did you pass the payment section? 

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.