cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled - cant reset password to see status

fightertanya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont know why my phone suddenly can’t take or receive calls. It says that I need to call *611 but when I do that it says it’s public mobile and they can’t help with my request. 

I can’t sign in to see my account info but I know my account is paid and I haven’t had any payment issues. I have no access to my phone although it Says I am on the public mobile signal. 

Please help me! I need my phone to work and I need this fixed! 

I am very frustrated and annoyed that it is taking this long to even find someone to help and that it’s not user friendly at all to find assistance. Plus my account is fine and I am now without service, 

I have kids and a job and this renders me in a very undesirable position. 

Public mobile needs to resolve this NOW please 

thank you 

7 REPLIES 7

@fightertanyaI am afraid you might had suffered known as SIM jacking, ie something had taken your phone number without your authorization. Unfortunately, there is nothing much Public Mobile can do now, as another carrier had taken control of the number.

Here is what you should do (due to long lead time for Moderators to help).

1. Leave a note to the moderator with a cogent subject line.

2. Help yourself by getting another phone number (pick another PIN) right away.

3. If your banking relies on your phone# to verify your identity, go to your home branch immediately and change it to that new number.

4. Change your passwords (at the minimum, the passwords that relies on the phone number) immediately.

5. Report your case to Canadian Anti Fraud Centre http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm

fightertanya

I cant check my voice mail and when you call my phone it beeps and beeps. No access at all. I suspected something nefarious has happened. So I would like to reset my account etc. I just need a contact to be able to reset/gain control or start over. Thank you so much!

fightertanya

Thank you so much for posting that! I will try and I appreciate that!

fightertanya

My renewal dats is the 28th and I tried calling 611. The message there is "Hi- this is Public Mobile. We cannot assist you at this time." So I cant log in- I cant call in...how I am to fix this? My daughters plan renews on the same day as mine (I pay both ) and she doesnt have any issues. Thanks!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fightertanya wrote:

I dont know why my phone suddenly can’t take or receive calls. It says that I need to call *611 but when I do that it says it’s public mobile and they can’t help with my request. 

I can’t sign in to see my account info but I know my account is paid and I haven’t had any payment issues. I have no access to my phone although it Says I am on the public mobile signal. 

Please help me! I need my phone to work and I need this fixed! 

I am very frustrated and annoyed that it is taking this long to even find someone to help and that it’s not user friendly at all to find assistance. Plus my account is fine and I am now without service, 

I have kids and a job and this renders me in a very undesirable position. 

Public mobile needs to resolve this NOW please 

thank you 

@fightertanya If your plan renewal date was the 12th or 13th of this month and you are using AutoPay for your plan renewal there is a chance that the payment did not go through and your account has been suspended. To verify call 611 from your phone. If it says your account is suspended then you need to manually add the funds and re-activate it.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@fightertanyaWhat happens when you call your own number from another phone? Can you access your voice mail? Double check you have control over your account, if not something nefarious might had happened to your account.

Public Mobile's support is not user friendly.. that's how we all save a few bucks / month.

Just a FYI it seems selfserve right now is down. It connects but returns a blank page.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fightertanya, unless your account has been deactivated due to suspension beyond 90 days, you should still be able to access it.  If you are unable to obtain a password reset, you will need to reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  They will also be able to investigate why your account is suspended even though it is paid up as you suggest to be the case.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.