cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account did not set up properly

AliNicolle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like other users, I got all the way through the account set up process and right at the end got the generic error message.

I can't log in to my account, as it apparently doesn't exist. My email is not recognised even if I try to set a new password.

However, I had an email from my old provider saying that my number has been transferred, so presumably that part of the registration worked.

If I try setting up the account again, I repeatedly get the message that the SIM is invalid (presumably because it has already been activated).

I've tried different browsers, going incognito and waiting overnight, but still no joy.

7 REPLIES 7

@AliNicolle wrote:

No, the SIM doesn't work in the phone, so I'll have to wait for help from the moderators. Thanks

@AliNicolle  Thanks for the update. Just a tip,  hit the "Quote" button above before replying to a post that way it makes it easier for everyone to know which post you are replying to. 

Sounds like the moderator will need to reset your account  from their end. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. Smiley Happy

AliNicolle

No, the SIM doesn't work in the phone, so I'll have to wait for help from the moderators. Thanks

AliNicolle

I've done that, thanks

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AliNicolle wrote:

Like other users, I got all the way through the account set up process and right at the end got the generic error message.

I can't log in to my account, as it apparently doesn't exist. My email is not recognised even if I try to set a new password.

However, I had an email from my old provider saying that my number has been transferred, so presumably that part of the registration worked.

If I try setting up the account again, I repeatedly get the message that the SIM is invalid (presumably because it has already been activated).

I've tried different browsers, going incognito and waiting overnight, but still no joy.

@AliNicolle  Did you try inserting the sim in your phone? Does it connect to the Public Mobile network? If yes, what happens if you dial 611 from your phone?

If you can't connect then you need the moderators to fix it. Sounds like your port went through though.

NeonKnight

Same thing happened to me, unfortunatly you'll need to PM the Mods to get the issue resolved. Including the SIM number of the Public Mobile SIM card in your message to them should help cut out a bit of the back and fourth, and speed the process up. Could take a day or two for the issue to be resolved.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @AliNicolle Does the Public Mobile SIM card work in your phone right now? What happens when you dial out and what most importantly what happens when someone calls you?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.