cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account activation request failed

Klaus6365
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Got an "account activation request has failed" message on the summary screen. Looks like my self-serve account did not get setup either as I was not able to login. Had to setup again to login to the community to seek help.

Porting from Koodo and I've used a different email address from what I registered with Koodo. Appear to have service still with my Koodo SIM card.

Tried to manually select PM network with PM SIM card but did not work.

Please help...

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

jane-c

Thanks @Klaus6365.  I have been doing that as well.  I'm just glad I still have service from Rogers while I wait for the port to complete.  I know they are backed up...so just being patient.  

Thank you for following up 🙂

Klaus6365

@jane-c Have you tried to power cycle your phone? Turn off phone, take out the SIM for a couple minutes, put it back in and turn on phone again. Had some issues receiving txt initially and that fixed it.

Can also try to reset your network settings. Just some suggestions as you wait for a response from a mod. Good luck!

jane-c

@Klaus6365 Thank you for your post and for the information on how to contact the moderators.  I was eventually able to log in on the Self Serve site and figure out my account.  Now my only other issue is not being able to receive incoming calls.  I have emailed a couple of the moderators.  Thanks again. 

Klaus6365

@jane-c Not sure if you've private messaged any of the mods yet but that would be your next step. Took a couple days to get mine resolved though. Send mod Mary_M a private message with the info below.

The following is from one of the announcement posts from mod @Mary_M:

Hello Community,

Due to a high volume of messages being received, we are experiencing some delays in getting back to you. In order for us to be more efficient, we would like to call out a few things that can help us, help you.

1) If you recently ported your phone number and you are experiencing mixed services/porting issues – send us a private message and please include your Public Mobile phone # (if applicable), the number you wish to port, as well as the account number associated to your old service provider

2) If you have a failed activation, but you have been charged, please include when private messaging us - your SIM card number, name and email address used when activating.

During your activation, if you have not been charged, please clear your cookies/cache and try again, or use a new browser. Should you require further assistance, please send a private message to one of the moderators.

3) If your plan change has failed, or you are experiencing difficulty changing your plan, please send a private message including your Public Mobile phone number, account number and desired plan

4) If you are missing referral rewards, please send a private message including your phone number as well as the numbers you referred.

We are working hard to assist you and others, and we want to make certain in doing so that we`re offering you an enjoyable experience with Public Mobile.

Regards,

Your Mod team Smiley Happy

jane-c

Hi there,

I just tried to activate my account and port my number but I got the 'account activation request failed' message.  I did receive a welcome to Public Mobile email after several minutes, saying that my Self Service Account has been created.  

I tried to log in but I'm not able to.  Does it usually take a while before everything gets activated?

Thank you.

Jane 

Tra
Cannot activate my account. It said "account activation request fail"?

mattr_ont
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the update  Klaus6365 ...

Patience is a virtue these days by the looks of the all the postings in the community

LOL Smiley Happy

Happy PM !

Klaus6365

@mattr_ont It took almost 2 days to get mine resolved. Be sure to send all the information mentioned in previous post to avoid delays as it was almost 1 reply a day only from PM even though I replied back to their messages quickly. Not sure how busy they are now or if they got more moderators to help. On the good side, no further issues since then!

Good luck! 

mattr_ont

Hi Community,

It seems the account activation glitch is still occurring.

Has anyone heard what the turn around time is for this issue to get resolved?

I have messaged one of the Mods (Mary_M) for assistance.

Thanks

Here's hoping PM lives up to the hype it seems to be generating! Smiley Happy

Cheers

wherermykeys

@Winfried I had the same issue this afternoon.  I just clicked the submit button again and it went through.  I had to wait a few minutes before I could log onto my self-serve page though.

Klaus6365

@Winfried - private message one of the moderators mentioned above with the following information if you haven't already. Click on their name and you should see a send private message link on the right under their name.

Porting phone number
Your account # with your previous provider you are porting from
PM SIM card #
Email

They may no longer be online now since they are based on EST time. Took a couple days to get mine sorted out.

Winfried

Have an "account activation request has failed" message on the summary screen. Looks like my self-serve account did not get setup as well, I was not able to login.

Klaus6365

Issues appear to have been resolved now!

Thank you @Mary_M!!

Klaus6365

Received the following from Mary but still got no service on my phone. Hoping the community can chime in what I can try next.

"I'm really sorry to hear about this - it appears your activation did not go through. Do not worry - I have completed it for you, as well as activated your requested 90 day plan. I have also ported over your phone number to PM. The transfer will take up to 2 hours to complete and you'll get a confirmation text message. All you have left to do is power cycle your device, test your services and create a self-serve account !"

I've waited a few hours and didn't get a confirmation text message since my phone has no service. Turned the phone on and off several times. When I tried manually searching for "available network", Public Mobile is listed but it would not register when selected.

I'm using an Xperia Z5 and confirmed it's unlocked as it worked with my previous Koodo SIM and gf's Rogers SIM.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Please refer to our private messages! @Klaus6365

Mary 

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Klaus6365

Thanks for the quick replies! Will send a message to a Moderator for help.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Klaus6365

To be patient. Send private message to one of our moderators for help. @Mary_M Give them your SIM card number and your phone number. They will help you tomorrow. Thanks Welcome to PM

imtiax

You will need to get in contact with one of the moderators. @Jeremy_M

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will have to private message a mod to get your account set up manually. 

@Shazia_K

Click the the mod's name I have tagged, then on the right hand side of the page press "send this user a private message". The mods are off for the night but they should be able to help you tomorrow or the day after.

Need Help? Let's chat.