cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account activation issues

AirForbes1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate a SIM last night.  After entering everything, I received both a message at the top of the screen, saying:

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 10.41.26 AM.png

But, I've also got an email saying that my account has been created.

When I tried to log on to my account, it says that the email doesn't exist.

So....something isn't right.

6 REPLIES 6

@WearySky wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@WearySky wrote:

Yet again, proof that PM isn't ready to have another promo yet. 😛

I hate plan based promos. If PM can do it for a promo period, then "grandfather" the paln why not just  reduce plan prices, especially 12 - 24 GB for 90 days data. There is absolutely no reason Telus data only prices should be better than PM; UNLESS the objective is to ignore that market segment.

"Why not just reduce plan prices" - by that logic, no company should ever have a sale on anything, ever.

Some people would argue that there shouldn't be sale items.  I think that Walmart tried that for a while, but even they eventually decided that they need weekly sales to get customers to come in.  I beleive that comapnies calulate the average prices on a particular item.  If a company just gives you the best "everyday" price, those prices might be higher than the potential special short-term sale price would have been. The higher regular prices would help average out the price of the good or services sold at the lower prices.

Customers like sales and want to see how much they're saving (even if the regular prices are sometimes inflated).  Some people will wait until a sale happens and won't buy a product unless they think that they are saving.  If Public Mobile had no promos/sales, people would be asking "why aren't there any promos?".  Sales are a way to get people to buy from you, and can sometimes provide an incentive for a shopper to purchase at one place rather than another, or to get cusotmers to make a purchase when they were on the fence about it.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@WearySky wrote:

I hate plan based promos. If PM can do it for a promo period, then "grandfather" the paln why not just  reduce plan prices, especially 12 - 24 GB for 90 days data. There is absolutely no reason Telus data only prices should be better than PM; UNLESS the objective is to ignore that market segment.

"Why not just reduce plan prices" - by that logic, no company should ever have a sale on anything, ever.

@WearySky wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

AirForbes1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.  I've sent a PM to one of the mods.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@AirForbes1  Welcome to PM!  Something definitely went wrong when you created your account, but not to worry this happens occassionally.

Send your account info and details to one of hte moderators and they can help you out.

Instructions are below to send over items to the mods.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community

Need Help? Let's chat.